Wage Bill

Folski

we got rid of a massive amount of our wage bill with the players we released. The players we have bought in i doubt are on high wages as they are still quite young, probably have a wage rise depending on certain factors. I'd have thought we probably actually balance out similar to last season to be honest. 

• 3 weeks later...

Don't fancy this Wage fella, we'd rather sign Buffalo Bill. A bit past his best perhaps, but he'd get the crowds going for sure.

edit: I'll get me coat...

Edited by Gompedyret

Don't fancy this Wage fella, we'd rather sign Buffalo Bill. A bit past his best perhaps, but he'd get the crowds going for sure.

We did. The actual factual Buffalo Bill Cody was at Villa Park in 1887 for a show.

I realise that's not helpful but...

Does anyone know what the new wage bill is at? if we wiped 430k p/w off the bill before new incomings,

Just wondering how much wages we have left to play with if we are now only looking at loan deals (after Lescott)

It isn't how much we have got to play with, it's how much money we have going back into the club over the next 12 months. Again.

Sorry a bit OT, but does anyone know with regards to FFP,can clubs only spend what they earn or can it include assets too? Like if villa make say £100 million a year, with a profit of £15 million, can we stash that for 10 years and then go on a mega spree with 150 million cash money, or would it not be allowed as the income of the club is much lower?

Edited by VillaJ100

FFP is currently being torn down in the courts (hence PSG and Manchester City spending money like it's going out of fashion again) so any speculation with regards to how it will affect us in ten years is fairly pointless.

We did. The actual factual Buffalo Bill Cody was at Villa Park in 1887 for a show.

I realise that's not helpful but...

Did you manage to get his autograph OBE? ;)

• Like 1

Sorry a bit OT, but does anyone know with regards to FFP,can clubs only spend what they earn or can it include assets too? Like if villa make say £100 million a year, with a profit of £15 million, can we stash that for 10 years and then go on a mega spree with 150 million cash money, or would it not be allowed as the income of the club is much lower?

FFP is based on rolling 3-year income.

So you could stash for 2 years and then do a mini-splurge, then stash for 2 years again and then mini-splurge again.

• 6 years later...

Tried to find an old thread on Wages for this as didn't want to open another. But if the below is accurate it is a bit of a worry for me in what structure we have in our wage bill. We'll start spending more than Spurs on big players soon, who have had a longer run at bigger revenues than us...any duds we will be stuck with for years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HalfTimePost said:

Tried to find an old thread on Wages for this as didn't want to open another. But if the below is accurate it is a bit of a worry for me in what structure we have in our wage bill. We'll start spending more than Spurs on big players soon, who have had a longer run at bigger revenues than us...any duds we will be stuck with for years.

It is a risk and Everton shows what can go wrong if you spend the money without breaking into the top 4/6.

1 hour ago, HalfTimePost said:

Not against it generally but I am against Ings on £120k per week!

It's the lack of structure for me. Key players on £150k I can get around. It's the buying Ings as a key player on £120k as top earner and 6 months later he's neither a key player or top earner.

Digne comes in on £140k and Bentancur on £150k. Doesnt appear to be a structure we're working towards to keep things sensible or defined.

It feels a bit like we don't have the clear defined plan that we thought we did 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

It's the lack of structure for me. Key players on £150k I can get around. It's the buying Ings as a key player on £120k as top earner and 6 months later he's neither a key player or top earner.

Digne comes in on £140k and Bentancur on £150k. Doesnt appear to be a structure we're working towards to keep things sensible or defined.

Maybe the clear defined plan went out the window with Newcastle getting bought by the Saudis and NSWE thought f*** it, we need to up our game sooner than we planned. Plans can change based on circumstances. Even the best laid plans can be ruined by yet another state buying a football club.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Yes, I share this concern. And it's not about the wages more the value. Coutinho probably in double Buendia, Bentancur likely on double McGinn (three times Luiz). Big question over value when you're buying big names from glamorous clubs. 

Bringing in high earners drives up salaries for those already here. 

• Like 4

Â