Wage Bill

Folski

27 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Why is this the only player thread where the name is ordered surname - forename?

He's been on our books for a long time—since we were professional, in fact, and things were a bit different back then.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

It's the lack of structure for me. Key players on £150k I can get around. It's the buying Ings as a key player on £120k as top earner and 6 months later he's neither a key player or top earner.

Digne comes in on £140k and Bentancur on £150k. Doesnt appear to be a structure we're working towards to keep things sensible or defined.

It feels a bit like we don't have the clear defined plan that we thought we did 

Yes. Post Grealish our transfer policy seems a bit all over the place. We are surely heading for  another horrendous year end of losses. When is the last time we actually made money as a club?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Don_Simon said:

Did you give a **** when Tony was splashing the cash? 

So you are comparing our current owners spending habits with Doctor Death.

Makes sense.

It’s worth saying I’m not worried about the owners willingness or ability to cover whatever costs the club incurs. They have clearly shown a great willingness to back us to the hilt, and have been the perfect owners in this respect thus far.

My worry is purely profit and sustainability rules.

18 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

A couple of questions that would seem to be a sensible starting point on our overall spending:

• What was our wage bill in the last set of accounts, and what was that as a percentage of our income?
  • What sort of increase will we need to our income line in order to maintain or improve that percentage?

The wider question on the potential for disparities in the squad is possibly more interesting - if we have a player like McGinn for example who was contracted under the previous regime, how will he feel about playing next to a couple of players who earn three times the money he's on - I'm very confident the club have a plan on this and that they've got a good idea what they're up to.

I mean that plan ultimately boils down to 3 options though right?

- McGinn doesn’t mind

- McGinn wants to be paid more and we pay it

- McGinn wants to be paid more so we sell him 

5 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

Did you give a **** when Tony was splashing the cash? 

The basic problem was that Tony wasn’t actually splashing cash - promissory notes, more like.

Got a feeling the new guys have a bit more staying power financially.

Â