Wage Bill

Folski

From my reading of FFP regulations in the Premier League, a club can only increase their wage bill by £4m a year which equates to about £75k a week, last years was apparently 69.3M. Due to this I feel we will have to offload an amount of players in the summer. There are various positions all over the squad where we are currently over paying players.

GK - Given, Guzan, Steer.

DR - Bacuna, Hutton, Lowton.

DL - Richardson, Cissokho, Luna, Bennett, Stevens.

CB - Vlaar, Okore, Clark, Senderos, Baker.

CM - Westwood, Delph, Sanchez, Cleverley, Herd, Gardner, Sylla.

AMC - Grealish, N'Zogbia, Cole, Gil, Sinclair, Tonev.

ST - Benteke, Agbonlahor, Weimann, Kozak, Helenius, Bent.

With Bent, Vlaar, Herd, Stevens out of contract. There has been talk of Vlaar & even Bent getting new deals. Cleverley is likely to command a big wage due to the fact he would be available on a free. I'm wondering with the additions we made in January is this maybe why Delph signed his contract so late into the season as we perhaps could have been in breach if he got it earlier? I think we will need a big clear out in the summer before we can even think about adding to the squad. We are still tied into another year on Shay & Zog. I'm pretty sure as well Lambert signed Cole, Senderos & Richardson to 2 year deals. 

Maybe players like Bent will be off our wage bill so it may even go down below the 52 mil pa level. If we increase our commercial revenue we can increase our wage bill by more than £4m a year.

• Like 1

to depart from the list above any or most of,  Given,  Lowton,  Luna, Cissokho, Bennett, Stevens, Vlaar,  Senderos, Herd, Gardner, Sylla, Nzogbia, Cole, Sinclair, Tonev, Weimann, Helenius, Bent, Benteke.

Is it not an average wage increase of £4m a year over a certain number of years?

i.e. if our wages increased by £12m one year, but stayed at that level for 3 years, we'd be ok?

• Like 1

Is it not an average wage increase of £4m a year over a certain number of years?

i.e. if our wages increased by £12m one year, but stayed at that level for 3 years, we'd be ok?

Yeah I was under the impression it's something similar to this. Could be wrong.

I appear to have read it wrong, it's 4m per year plus and an additional amount for increased revenue other than tv money, so any new commercial deals would allow us to increase by what ever they amount to.

Off in the summer

Given

Richardson,  Luna, Bennett, Stevens.

Vlaar, 

Herd,Sylla.

N'Zogbia, Cole, Gil,  Tonev.

Weimann, Helenius, Bent.

Off in the summer

Given

Richardson,  Luna, Bennett, Stevens.

Vlaar, 

Herd,Sylla.

N'Zogbia, Cole, Gil,  Tonev.

Weimann, Helenius, Bent.

Given and N'zogbia both have another year left on their contract don't they?

Off in the summer

Given

Richardson, Luna, Bennett, Stevens.

Vlaar,

Herd,Sylla.

N'Zogbia, Cole, Gil, Tonev.

Weimann, Helenius, Bent.

Given and N'zogbia both have another year left on their contract don't they?

Most people on that list have a year or more left. I think he's just stating who he wants to go.

I just wanna make sure our wage bill starts to reflect our position in the league. We seem to be underachieving both with the players at our disposal, and due to how much we're paying out.

Is it £4m for all PL clubs, or is it based on a % of turnover? Because surely that would then cap any new player's, to any club's, wages to £75k... I must've misunderstood.

It'd put most clubs on a sell to buy policy more than anything else. Want a 75k a week player? Offload a 75k+ a week player, or a couple below that

Is it £4m for all PL clubs, or is it based on a % of turnover? Because surely that would then cap any new player's, to any club's, wages to £75k... I must've misunderstood.

It'd put most clubs on a sell to buy policy more than anything else. Want a 75k a week player? Offload a 75k+ a week player, or a couple below that

You are allowed increase it by £4m a year + the increase in non-tv money income. So using our last 2 sets of accounts as an example.

Our wages 12/13 were £71.9m, so we could have increased to £75.9m. But we also had an increase in non-tv income in 13/14 by £2.6m so we could have actually increased it to £78.5m assuming we stay inside the £105m loss parameters over 3 years , however our wage bill in 2013/14 was only £69.3m so this year we can go to £73.3m plus an additional amount for any increase in commercial revenue.

*Player sales also not included.

Edited by Folski

Maybe players like Bent will be off our wage bill so it may even go down below the 52 mil pa level. If we increase our commercial revenue we can increase our wage bill by more than £4m a year.

Ah didn't know that...hence the appointment of Tom Fox...

Off in the summer

Given

Richardson, Luna, Bennett, Stevens.

Vlaar,

Herd,Sylla.

N'Zogbia, Cole, Gil, Tonev.

Weimann, Helenius, Bent.

of this lot I'd shift Luna, Stevens, herd, tonev, helenius, zog and bent. That should free up sufficient wages to have people coming in.

Edited by AXD

Wages is one thing. Sign on fees another. 

AFAIK they all fall under the same umbrella, ie: payments to staff

I don't think it matters whether it's basic, bonus or signing on fee, it's all counted the same

You are allowed increase it by £4m a year + the increase in non-tv money income. So using our last 2 sets of accounts as an example.

Our wages 12/13 were £71.9m, so we could have increased to £75.9m. But we also had an increase in non-tv income in 13/14 by £2.6m so we could have actually increased it to £78.5m assuming we stay inside the £105m loss parameters over 3 years , however our wage bill in 2013/14 was only £69.3m so this year we can go to £73.3m plus an additional amount for any increase in commercial revenue.

I dont think that should be the case as there is a flaw in the system if it is.  The reason why i say that is because the more you cut your wage bill by the worse off you could be.  Thats of course assuming that non tv income stays the same at the very least if you cut your wages.   

Wages is one thing. Sign on fees another.

AFAIK they all fall under the same umbrella, ie: payments to staff

I don't think it matters whether it's basic, bonus or signing on fee, it's all counted the same

Unless the signing on fee for the contract extension is capitalized, surely?

I dont think that should be the case as there is a flaw in the system if it is.  The reason why i say that is because the more you cut your wage bill by the worse off you could be.  Thats of course assuming that non tv income stays the same at the very least if you cut your wages.   

You can increase it by what ever you want if up to £52M if you are under £52M so Bournemouth will be able to have a huge increase this year, however we are about £17M over this figure.

Â