Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

This season's going to be a struggle. Everyone said at the end of last season that it can't happen again, but here we go again. You can't replace Benteke with someone who only scores with his head (no offence to Gestede).

This season's going to be a struggle. Everyone said at the end of last season that it can't happen again, but here we go again. You can't replace Benteke with someone who only scores with his head (no offence to Gestede).

I still hope Ayew will hit the ground running.
  • Like 1

I still hope Ayew will hit the ground running.

I'm confident Ayew will do well for us, but i see him more as a Weimann replacement.

Overall, a poor transfer window IMO. I'm

Not devastated or anything like that but we certainly needed some proven quality up front. I see Ayew as a potential Weimann replacement but gestede and benteke can't be compared. I could live with that if other areas were significantly strengthened but they haven't been to the degree needed to compensate for the loss of benteke and Delph. My season prediction is now down to 17th from a previous 12-13th

• Like 1

i can only imagine is gayle bid was called stupid in typical villa fashion we wasted our time with something like a £3m bid

£1.5m for a loan apparently, don't see that as stupid myself

More likely called "stupid" because Crystal palace is run by classless, low-life, South London quasi-criminals.

Edited by briny_ear

Talk about overreactions. Jesus.

It's amazing because if we'd signed Adebayor everyone would probably be going on about how we'll be fine and how it's been our best transfer window ages (which IMO it still has actually).

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 2