Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

West Ham could complete the proposed signing of Tottenham striker Emmanuel Adebayor before the end of the transfer window, talkSPORT have been told.

The Togo international, who has been told he is not in manager Mauricio Pochettino’s plans at Spurs, was reportedly close to joining the Hammers on loan last week.

Widespread rumours suggested he was travelling across London for a medical with the Upton Park outfit, but it was then reported talks between the sides quickly broke down.

Adebayor was spotted reporting for duty at Tottenham’s training centre later the same day, leading to further reports that the deal was off the table altogether.

But the Daily Mirror’s chief football writer John Cross claims West Ham could yet resurrect the move before Tuesday’s 6pm deadline.

“I’d be surprised now if he didn’t go to West Ham,” he told Hawksbee and Jacobs of the Spurs frontman, who has also been linked with a reunion with former Spurs manager Tim Sherwood at Aston Villa.

“I know that there’s going to be some drama - there’s a few whispers going around that it’s being held up for now, and I wouldn’t expect anything else from Emmanuel Adebayor but to make sure it’s a last minute deal that will go right down to the wire.

“I think it’s got a decent chance of happening and think if it do go through it would suit all parties.

“It gets him off Spurs’ wage bill and gets him regular games, and if he’s in the mood, and if he gets good man management, I think Adebayor would be a very decent addition for West Ham.”

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/emmanuel-adebayor-latest-west-ham-likely-land-tottenham-striker-last-minute-swoop-talksport#xwJBRQutKGbL5AQk.99

Pretty gutted nzogbia looks to be staying.

I'm trying to sign him for my 5-a-side team, we need a new post.

If you can afford his wages I'll be interested in the role.

Hey? You want him to pay N'Zogbia whilst you get balls kicked at you - that's pretty messed up dude.

• Like 2

Valdes would be absolutely worth a shot... At the very worst he'd give Guzan some lessons and a good hard kick up the arse

AND he would add a massive amount of experience to the squad, i.e., Lescott^3

Edited by villakram

I would rather Guzan than Valdes if im honest, prefer even Bunn or Steer. Valdes is hopeless and be destroyed in Premier League regularly

What on earth are you basing this on??

Edit: this post has blown me away. Played over 350 games for probably the greatest team in a generation and you would rather play Bunn or Steer?? Seriously dude come on!

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

I would rather Guzan than Valdes if im honest, prefer even Bunn or Steer. Valdes is hopeless and be destroyed in Premier League regularly

What on earth are you basing this on??

Edit: this post has blown me away. Played over 350 games for probably the greatest team in a generation and you would rather play Bunn or Steer?? Seriously dude come on!

any time Valdes has played against Chelsea or Celtic. Hopeless against physical teams

Hearing loads whispers of Austin

Not falling for that. This is what you said the last time your rumor turned out to be bollocks

Was on the wind up

Edited by Daniel