Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

A Quick twitter search on Charbonnier and some fan was comparing him to Giroud about 4 hours ago and states that he is faster than Walcott..

Never seen the dude play myself, but i doubt he's faster than Walcott!!

For Arsenal fans, Gaetan Charbonnier is the new Olivier Giroud. Best head's player, Very good technically and faster than Walcott. 9M€ #AFC

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

A Quick twitter search on Charbonnier and some Arsenal fan was comparing him to Giroud about 4 hours ago and states that he is faster than Walcott..

Why not? Adama is probably faster that Walcott. I personally don't know as I've not heard of this guy or seen him play so he could be faster.

His goal record doesn't look great but if he's played for Paris Saint-Germain and Montpellier when they were champions, he must have shown some promise in his career.

Edited by useless

Is goal record doesn't look great but if he's played for Paris Saint-Germain and Montpellier when they were champions, he must have shown some promise in his career.

Reims are  2nd in the French Ligue 1 at moment.. Not sure how many Charbonnier has scored this season but scored in 4-0 win over Lorient at weekend

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

A Quick twitter search on Charbonnier and some fan was comparing him to Giroud about 4 hours ago and states that he is faster than Walcott..

Hazem@Hazem75_h 4h4 hours ago

For Arsenal fans, Gaetan Charbonnier is the new Olivier Giroud. Best head's player, Very good technically and faster than Walcott. 9M€ #AFC

"For United fans. Charles N'Zogbia is the new Ryan Giggs. Best heads player, Very good technically and faster than Traore. £15m"

Saying it doesn't make it true unfortunately

• Like 1

Well Stuart Pearce reckons Austin will be playing for us by Wednesday. I'd be amazed tbh, but sherwood has shocked us so far.

where we playing on Wednesday then ?

I think the reference to Wednesday is that it is the first day after the window has shut rather than an inference that we are playing on Wednesday-The "by Wednesday" as opposed to "on Wednesday" being the giveaway.

• Like 1

Could be a standard villa hopefulness and disappointment

Who we think/should be getting:- Adebayor/Austin

Who we'll probably end up with :- Borini, Danny Graham

:)

Do you mean who we definitely won't end up with?

Edited by Mantis

Borini? no chance... he is signing for Sunderland today for £10million ;)

Edited by Villan4Life

Having already bought half of Ligue 1, Aston Villa could make one last delve into the Ligue 1 transfer market before the end of France's transfer window, if beIN Sport are to be believed.

According to Smail Bouabdellah, who is a journalist and presenter on the French sports channel, the Premier League club are in advanced talks to sign Gaëtan Charbonnier from Reims.

However, Villa aren't the only ones interested, with Mainz and HSV in Germany are also currently trying to negotiate a deal for the French forward.

Aston Villa clearly hold the advantage here financially, but it remains to be seen whether or not the striker would be first choice at Villa Park, with Rudy Gestede and Jordan Ayew having already been bought this summer.

Despite these claims, Alexandre Audabram, a journalist for French radio station France Bleu Champagne, claims the club have categorically denied that an offer has been made for Charbonnier.

Furthermore, he adds that no talks have been held whatsoever over the transfer of the French striker.

Borini? no chance... he is signing for Sunderland today for £10million ;)

Haha bad example there, but sometimes these late deals can be really underwhelming. I don't think we need to panic buy though so we are in a stronger position. I don't think we are in mortal danger without a new striker, we will just be in the lower reaches (which is crap I know)

However, Villa aren't the only ones interested, with Mainz and HSV in Germany are also currently trying to negotiate a deal for the French forward.

Were Mainz not in for Kozak? Realistically, is this guy any better? Perhaps Reims would take Zog and that's what makes this chap so attractive to Sherwood?

Either the money has dried up and we're looking at cheap, Lambert-style. last minute deals or the targets we did have are still under discussion (Austin? Adebayor? Rolan? Berbatov?!) hence no new links.

Can't see any great surprises tomorrow.

Were Mainz not in for Kozak? Realistically, is this guy any better? Perhaps Reims would take Zog and that's what makes this chap so attractive to Sherwood?

Either the money has dried up and we're looking at cheap, Lambert-style. last minute deals or the targets we did have are still under discussion (Austin? Adebayor? Rolan? Berbatov?!) hence no new links.

Can't see any great surprises tomorrow.

Did Rolan not sign a new contract?

• Like 1