Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

I've just googled Cavani and he's being linked with a £44M move to Arsenal.

A google search on Villa and Cavani.. showed we wanted Cavani in MON days as well as Falcao ;)

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/south-american-hot-shots-aim-97269

TWO of South America’s hottest striking talents have issued “come and get me” pleas to Martin O’Neill.

Edinson Cavani, a six-foot tall Uruguayan international, who plays for Palermo in Serie A, and River Plate’s Colombian international Radamel Falcao are both trying to engineer moves to the upper end of the Premier League.

Both are in high demand not only because of their talent but also their availability with their clubs looking to set up quick deals.

Cavani, 22, is currently valued at £12.8 million by Palermo but the Italians will probably have to accept far less.

West Ham had been tracking him for some time and saw an offer rejected last summer before pulling out of a move when they were quoted £14.2 million earlier this year.

Falcao appeared on the verge of signing for Benfica last week but then reports suggested that Liverpool had lodged an offer to sign the 23-year-old.

But agents working on his behalf have contacted Villa within the last few days to try to set up a deal.

O’Neill is on the look-out for quality additions all over the pitch.
Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 2

I've just googled Cavani and he's being linked with a £44M move to Arsenal.

A google search on Villa and Cavani.. showed we wanted Cavani in MON days as well as Falcao ;)

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/south-american-hot-shots-aim-97269

TWO of South America’s hottest striking talents have issued “come and get me” pleas to Martin O’Neill.

Edinson Cavani, a six-foot tall Uruguayan international, who plays for Palermo in Serie A, and River Plate’s Colombian international Radamel Falcao are both trying to engineer moves to the upper end of the Premier League.

Both are in high demand not only because of their talent but also their availability with their clubs looking to set up quick deals.

Cavani, 22, is currently valued at £12.8 million by Palermo but the Italians will probably have to accept far less.

West Ham had been tracking him for some time and saw an offer rejected last summer before pulling out of a move when they were quoted £14.2 million earlier this year.

Falcao appeared on the verge of signing for Benfica last week but then reports suggested that Liverpool had lodged an offer to sign the 23-year-old.

But agents working on his behalf have contacted Villa within the last few days to try to set up a deal.

O’Neill is on the look-out for quality additions all over the pitch.

With the position we were in at that time we could have signed them both. But no point dwelling on it now.

I thought he did have the medical. Wasn't there a picture of him at bodymoor

Double signing....

CLK4_Qpa_W8_AAd_G1n.jpg

You remembered correctly
You do know this photo was actually photoshopped? Adebayor was never there.

Are you a graphic designer?

Next you'll be telling me Father Ted wasn't there either.

• Like 1

So looks like we aren't in for a striker.

Wut?

Both Cavani (obviously) or Berahino looking unlikely, suggestions that we're concentrating on the defence and no real links through the media.

I didn't photoshop that you clowns. Its real.

If thats true I've won two bets with a mate at work:

1. Father Ted is taller than Adebayor

2. We are wearing a Tottenham kit this season.

Show me the money!!!  :D

Real Madrid kit.

• Like 1

Wut?

Both Cavani (obviously) or Berahino looking unlikely, suggestions that we're concentrating on the defence and no real links through the media.

Are you on a wind up? :blink:

Edited by Mantis

For me new striker is essential.

Put it this way...with what we have currently we'd stay up.,,,however it would be another season of going into April and May and supporting whoever the likes of Sunderland and Norwich would be playing.

Now I want better than that, I want a comfortable mid table season and surely with some of the decent signings we've made like Adama, Gana and Amavi we have the foundations to achieve this.

So adding a relatively proven striker into the mix  who can be reliably backed to hit 10 + league goals in addition to someone already at the club getting that number, let's say Sinclair should pretty much guarantee that. 

Too many question marks currently, can Sinclair score against decent teams, can Gestede learn to shoot, can Gabby play well for even more than two games, will Kozak even still be here, can we smuggle Ayew to Swansea and kidknap his brother in return and hope no one notices.

Very important we get in a new striker next 30 hours. 

• Like 1

I didn't photoshop that you clowns. Its real.

If thats true I've won two bets with a mate at work:

1. Father Ted is taller than Adebayor

2. We are wearing a Tottenham kit this season.

Show me the money!!!  :D

Real Madrid kit.

Damn, broke even!

Still, managed to get 100/1 on Cavani joining us so the missus doesnt need to know I gambled her life saving operation kitty.

#everycloud

Wut?

Are you on a wind up? :blink:

What do you mean by that?

Wut?

giphy.gif

Just because that's the way I've read the situation (or more fear what might happen) doesn't mean to say we won't sign a striker. So no need for that guy to put his head in his hands just yet.

I can't be the only one who wouldn't want Valdes.  I think if you were to put him in a defence that actually has to defend once in a while then he'd be found wanting.