Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

If I create a twitter account and post it, would it then become credible ??? 

No, not at all. I was trying to imply that. Excuse my sense of humour, it may confuse you but it's the only thing that stops me ending it all, you know? :P

If I create a twitter account and post it, would it then become credible ??? 

No. Not anyone can just go on twitter and spout nonsense and expect people to listen. You have to claim something like you work for Villa's medical staff, or you have a family member that is Tim. Then you can make up whatever you want. 

i think it's going to take till Christmas before the new players find their feet and Tim works out his best team

how many losses we suffer in the process is anyone's guess, but a lot probably.

the trouble is, we need to be patient and give the new players and Tim, time.

But after being so used to losing in the most God awful manner, few Villa fans have that patience. We want mediocrity and we want it yesterday!

I agree with all of that.  What I do wonder is what has changed between the start of the season and now for the people who are getting nervous or complaining.  

The chill reality of three football games has dampened the enthusiasm that comes naturally the further away we got from actual performance and made some signings

Earlier in the summer we had a huge week. This , for me, is another hugely important week in the future of this club

Richard

Last time you predicted a huge week, we had a huge week. We need a huge week this week, but do you believe it will be a huge week?

It staggers me how all of us on here (well most anyway) agree on similar things, I.e, drop gabby, buy a cb, buy a striker etc. As of yet there has been nothing to say we are definitely on for a cb, despite wild, unconfirmed reports of lescott, no confirmed interest of any strikers and to my knowledge gabby is still starting each week.

My point is...are we somehow genetically different to Tim, Lerner and the board? How can they not see what we see??

It staggers me how all of us on here (well most anyway) agree on similar things, I.e, drop gabby, buy a cb, buy a striker etc. As of yet there has been nothing to say we are definitely on for a cb, despite wild, unconfirmed reports of lescott, no confirmed interest of any strikers and to my knowledge gabby is still starting each week.

My point is...are we somehow genetically different to Tim, Lerner and the board? How can they not see what we see??

Maybe they have seen what we have seen. Maybe that's why they bought Gestede and Ayew.

Then realised, oh shit...

It might be to do with their experience in the business of football, as opposed to us being fans

• Like 2

It might be to do with their experience in the business of football, as opposed to us being fans

No offence Stevo but that's not a very good answer. Perhaps it does have something to do with that, but what do you think it is? 

It staggers me how all of us on here (well most anyway) agree on similar things, I.e, drop gabby, buy a cb, buy a striker etc. 

There's mad group think round here (and everywhere else online). Read comments when Adebayor was first linked, people completely turning their noses up, then a complete reversal.

Management also have information we don't see. For example maybe Kozak (who most people would like to see get a chance) has been lazy at training etc etc etc. Not saying that's happening, just saying we wouldn't know if it were true.

We can't afford to keep buying strikers just because the ones we have bought appear to be shit.

And we can't afford to buy another CB just because we bought a load of players elsewhere and thought richards could do a job.

They do see it, they just haven't got the cash as TS says.

We can't afford to keep buying strikers just because the ones we have bought appear to be shit.

And we can't afford to buy another CB just because we bought a load of players elsewhere and thought richards could do a job.

Giving players time before saying they're shit is underrated

Do you believe we need a ST Stefan?

No offence Stevo but that's not a very good answer. Perhaps it does have something to do with that, but what do you think it is? 

Not sure I understand the question.

The difference is none of us have ever worked in football. None of us see the players in training. None of us know the financial restraints of the club in detail. None of us know what enquiries we have made or are making. None of us know what players are or aren't interested in joining the club.

So it's natural that people who DO have that information, might not agree with the views of a bunch of fans on a football forum.

Edited by Stevo985

Maybe they have seen what we have seen. Maybe that's why they bought Gestede and Ayew.

Then realised, oh shit...

No THEY didn't realise oh! Shit - it was some fans who just said it without being a little patient (more than 3 games). 

Do you believe we need a ST Stefan?

Dunno about Stefan but could we give Ayew and Gestede a bit more than 180 mins max before we decide they are shit? If they have been poor, does that mean, as they are both pretty young, they will never improve? Will a striker hit better form when the team around them gels and gives better service?