Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Fonte wants to see out his contract and move back home. I think that on a free transfer he won't have much problem getting an offer from Porto or Sporting and then he'll have CL football too.

Desperately need a striker. Austin is available for £15 million but unfortunately we have a word removed for a chairman who despite us finishing 17th last season is prepared to not take anything from his own pocket. Meanwhile clubs that finished above us last season such as Leicester, Sunderland, West Brom and Newcastle have spent far more than us considering that they havent had to sell their best players.

Other than Adebayor or Austin are there any other options?

Well we've been linked to Afobe as well in recent weeks. Amd Keita of Lazio but sure how strong/true those links are.

Forget Lescott and Adebayor, I'd take Hernandez and Evans from United.

Evans would probably do a good job for us, he isn't of the quality required for where United want to be but for us he'd probably look more composed and positionally aware than our current options.

Other than Adebayor or Austin are there any other options?

Remy on season long loan would be good but just my wishful thinking.

good shout, I'd take him but I doubt he'd come here

His first name sounds like a Brummie saying "like".

• Like 1

Lescott for 2.5 million at his age is awful business. He has what one good year left? We just got rid of overpaid Englishmen out of our squad.

I don't agree I think it would be a great bit of business.
 I dont agree this is 2-3 years too late. There are better options out there

Such as?

Mcnair, blackett? 

Heck I would rather resign vlaar than lescott. His legs are gone, he in my opinion has one year at best left in top flight