Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Only just been able to see if we're linked to anybody new today as the Mrs keeps hiding my phone as I'm "Spending my f*****g life on VillaTalk". I've got over 3 weeks off work, what does she expect? On topic, has anybody seen much of Gestede? I only saw him a couple of times last year, not enough to judge him as a player.

I think all women should be encouraged to just make themselves "invisible" for the entirety of transfer windows so us blokes can enjoy our bit of gossip for a change. I mean, let's face it, women spend all of their lives f**cking gossiping and do we interfere? No! We just sit there listening (pretending) and nodding our heads saying "I couldn't agree more love or, yes babe, I think that's bang out of order". Cameron, make it law already! Ban women from the transfer windows, especially those whose initials are JB ;)

**EDIT** Except for the professional women who bring us transfer news such as Natalie Sawyer. Those women help us get over the disappointment of the players we lose or miss out on and are therefore good pain relief! :D  

I find it quite difficult to concentrate on the news when she is on screen.

• Like 1

Only just been able to see if we're linked to anybody new today as the Mrs keeps hiding my phone as I'm "Spending my f*****g life on VillaTalk". I've got over 3 weeks off work, what does she expect? On topic, has anybody seen much of Gestede? I only saw him a couple of times last year, not enough to judge him as a player.

Damn double post

I've only seen Gestede in highlights reels (I watch pretty much every Football League Show) and the odd match on Sky. He looks an absolute player but I'd suggest that the defences in the Championship may not be quite as smart as Premier League defences.

He appears to be strong, fantastic in the air and a nightmare to try and win the ball from. If we wanted to sign a Benteke-lite, purely for aerial prowess, Gestede fits the bill.

That's my only concern, I've heard a lot of people say they rate him but defences in the Championship are just not the same. We've seen many talented players take the step up and just not cut the mustard. Remember Jermaine Beckford? I thought he was absolute class before signing for Everton but he wasn't the same in the PL.

Different, I think, because Beckford and others rely more on their skill/pace which can be read and dealt with (unless you're an absolute speed merchant).  Gestede is an absolute unit.  If the ball is crossed in, he'll be trouble to deal with.

I'm not sure he's the "right answer", but he offers that approach.  Kozak, Ayew, Agbonlahor, Adebayor - none of these do the same thing.

Damn double post

I guess it is hard to see the phone hiding in that cupboard under the stairs.

I much prefer sitting in the toilet with it. Plus I get to kill 2 birds with one stone that way.
  • Like 1

Damn double post

I much prefer sitting in the toilet with it. Plus I get to kill 2 birds with one stone that way.

And they say we cant multi-task!

• Like 2

Damn double post

I've only seen Gestede in highlights reels (I watch pretty much every Football League Show) and the odd match on Sky. He looks an absolute player but I'd suggest that the defences in the Championship may not be quite as smart as Premier League defences.

He appears to be strong, fantastic in the air and a nightmare to try and win the ball from. If we wanted to sign a Benteke-lite, purely for aerial prowess, Gestede fits the bill.

That's my only concern, I've heard a lot of people say they rate him but defences in the Championship are just not the same. We've seen many talented players take the step up and just not cut the mustard. Remember Jermaine Beckford? I thought he was absolute class before signing for Everton but he wasn't the same in the PL.

Different, I think, because Beckford and others rely more on their skill/pace which can be read and dealt with (unless you're an absolute speed merchant). Gestede is an absolute unit. If the ball is crossed in, he'll be trouble to deal with.

I'm not sure he's the "right answer", but he offers that approach. Kozak, Ayew, Agbonlahor, Adebayor - none of these do the same thing.

I suppose you're right, there aren't as many modern defenders in the lower leagues and pacy, skilful players tend to have a good time with this, this seems to be one of the reasons so many people think Baker belongs in the Championship. If we're bidding for Gestede then I wonder what the price is? As a lot of posters seem to rate Oulare, if it's about the same price then it may just be a case of which one actually wants to join us.

Damn double post

And they say we cant multi-task!
Pfft! Women eh?

I think all women should be encouraged to just make themselves "invisible" for the entirety of transfer windows so us blokes can enjoy our bit of gossip for a change. I mean, let's face it, women spend all of their lives f**cking gossiping and do we interfere? No! We just sit there listening (pretending) and nodding our heads saying "I couldn't agree more love or, yes babe, I think that's bang out of order". Cameron, make it law already! Ban women from the transfer windows, especially those whose initials are JB ;)

**EDIT** Except for the professional women who bring us transfer news such as Natalie Sawyer. Those women help us get over the disappointment of the players we lose or miss out on and are therefore good pain relief! :D  

I find it quite difficult to concentrate on the news when she is on screen.

What news? ;)

I am sure they artificially create those female presenters on SSN. Obviously, that process kicked in after the appointment of Clare Tomlinson! :o

I just watched this video of Gestede, because I literally didn't know anything about him....

Looking at his goals, he seems to be the lovechild of Benteke and Bent - a mix of powerful headers and unstoppable strikes, and then a few fox in the box type goals where they bounce off his arse/elbow or take a wicked deflection!

According to RMC (respectable French news outlet) we bid €18m for Thauvin but the player does not want to leave his club.

Another truly outstanding young prospect.  I am really glad we are capitalising on Sherwoods little black book

Now can there be some speculation on a central defender please?

According to RMC (respectable French news outlet) we bid €18m for Thauvin but the player does not want to leave his club.

Another truly outstanding young prospect.  I am really glad we are capitalising on Sherwoods little black book

I thought it was blue

I thought it was blue

Actually it's Le Bleu

They asked him the question at 18 million. So offer them 19 and know that this time the club will literally be begging him to be on his bike with his baguette tucked under his arm.

• Like 2

Thauvin is quality. Would love for him to replace Zog.

Actually thought he was a striker but he's a left footed winger. Could play down the right - just what we need. This window is incroyable.

Ou magnifique, non?