Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Yes but our team needed ripping up to be fair and the sale of Benteke has allowed that to happen this year.  The length of deals being given out will also mean just minor tinkering in future windows which is another good thing

• Like 3

The only thing is having so many new players in one go, hardly ever works. happened at spurs, plop last season and city few years ago

It doesn't work when trying to win a league or break top 4. When you just need a bit more quality to not get relegated it normally works.

• Like 1

The only thing is having so many new players in one go, hardly ever works. happened at spurs, plop last season and city few years ago

It doesn't work when trying to win a league or break top 4. When you just need a bit more quality to not get relegated it normally works.

It’s down to the manager, if we bring in quality of players the transition should be Southampton like.

Well...doing as bad as these makes Villa a top 8 team.

Even though we've lost our 2 best players this summer feels like the best business we've done in years!

We are just a Praet, Cambiasso, Adebayor and Oubare away from having a solid squad for next season.

And a recognised CB! Otherwise, fully agree.

Good point. N'Koulou would be good.

Still would like to see a quality right back too.

I normally hate these but I think we have enough players now to warrant an attempt.

Guzan

New RB Richards Clark Amavi

Sanchez

Gay new CM

Gill, Adeybayor Ayew

Which leaves decent options like Westwood, Grealish, Sincler, Okore etc on the bench. This could be a decent season after all.

It's interesting. I have seen a few of these speculative starting 11s posted recently and in each case we are suddenly struggling to fit our better players into the starting 11.  That has got to be a very good sign.

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 1

I'm not convinced this has been a good window for us at all. Were stonger in one position (left back), and weaker in two others (midfield and strikers). Appreciate the window is still open but I suspect were in for another struggle this season.

I'm not convinced this has been a good window for us at all. Were stonger in one position (left back), and weaker in two others (midfield and strikers). Appreciate the window is still open but I suspect were in for another struggle this season.

Have to agree. Its good in the sense that for once we are actually spending and the people in charge of it seem to know what they are doing, however we are still weaker.

Gueye will prove to be better than Delph, I have no doubt about that but we are still missing a Cleverley replacement and Gardner isn't it.

Hopefully by the end of this window we will have strengthened further and Randy will have dipped into his very shallow pockets to help us do so, we're going to need it.

• Like 1

Hope you're right about Gueye!  We'll have at least 5 or 6 new faces in the starting line-up this season. Its a good job we don't have a too difficult start because these players are going to need time to bed in. 

Currently yes. However, if we get the required players in then I think we will be stronger. Benteke is irreplaceable like for like, but if we adapt out approach and get a couple of good attacking players then I think it will be to our benefit.

Still ifs and buts for me though at the moment.

At the final whistle in May's final I turned and said to my mate ' I don't want to see any of those players in a villa shirt again '. Being serious, I was not.

Edited by Shillzz
  • Like 1

At the final whistle in May's final I turned and said to my mate ' I don't want to see any of those players in a villa shirt again '. Being serious, I was not.

Is your mate Tim Sherwood?

• Like 1

Is your mate Tim Sherwood?

Depends how these transfers turn out.

It's a bit like BFR's first game in charge for us at Hilsborough.

Not sure how many debutants we had in that day-The 3 scorers obviously, Staunton Regis & Atkinson, Sean Teal  and Paul Mortimer debuted as well I think, Kevin Richardson also but not sure who signed him. That would make 6 with Richardson.

That day didn't go too bad at all did it?

That's a bit harsh-I'd stick with Grealish

The only 3 players from the cup final I wanted back was Grealish, Okore and Benteke. rest i wasnt bothered about if honest. Was a gutless performance inspired by a gutless captain