Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Interesting that Brendan Rodgers refused to comment when asked about the Tekkers bid after Liverpools friendly today. Not sure what to read into that, if anything! Usually, if a team has actually made an offer (which has to be accepted due to the clause) the manager says something along the lines of "we hope to make a deal" or something like that. But to refuse to comment makes me wonder if news of the bid is actually true.

Wow - could it be media speculation again.  :) :)  :)

Certainly interesting , Marley.

Sergio Araujo to replace Benteke

Is this a player I've never heard of, or Augero spelt weird?

Google says he plays in Argentina

Yeah that's right. Plays in Argentina, looks just as good as all the other young Argentinian strikers coming through in Europe at the moment. I certainly think he be worth a punt, it wouldn't cost silly money to get him and I can't see a scenario where we'd lose money on him

Paddy Reilly has been spotted at Calais trying to force Amavi, Gueye and Martial onto the back of a wagon. Make of that what you will.

Providing the strike is over ...

It's France, the strike is NEVER over.

• Like 1

I really can see us getting Adebayor. I've prepared myself for that.

We should all buy those giant foam gloves and run down the touchline during our first home game, each Villa fan in turn giving Timmy S a big slap...

...if we sign Adebayor, of course.

If Newcastle get Mitrovic I will not be happy. We should be in for him at £12 million.

Should we? Never really rated him...

6ft 2in with a better scoring record than Benteke in the same league, hes 20 years old and has Champions League experience. If we are going to pay £10 million+ hed be a much better option than Embolo that has been mentioned by some.

It's a little nightmare isn't it.

A rubbish football team losing three of its top four players. Takeover falling through. Adebayor being the strongest striker link we're getting. Our big signing still actually waiting for clearance. Other exciting names being incredibly reluctant to join us. Being seen as a small time club that struggles to survive in the Premier League. Not even being the top club in the Midlands. It's a crap time to be a Villa fan isn't it?!

I'm just hoping this nightmare doesn't all come true in the next few days, but I'm already getting the feeling it will. I'll forever be a season ticket holder because I'm a weak idiot but I'm so sick of football and Villa in particular.

The only way I'll have any hope if the above comes true is if we spend well over £50m on further signings (bearing in mind that Lerner would only need to spend £10m odd with our sales) but I fear we're goin to make a big profit this year on player sales.

Maybe, I know he has a good scoring record but I saw almost every game he played last season and he never struck me as the next big thing. He's very lazy and I don't know what it actually means to score a lot of goals in the Belgian competition.

In my opinion, of course  ;)

Paddy Reilly has been spotted at Calais trying to force Amavi, Gueye and Martial onto the back of a wagon. Make of that what you will.

Is Djemba Djemba his accomplice?