Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Not a bad squad if we can get these guys in - and keep the main group together...

Begovic

(Guzan)

Richards  Vlaar  Clark  Amavi

(Hutton)  (Okore)  (Baker)  (Richardson)

Sanchez  Gueye  Delph

(Gardner)  (Westwood)  

Grealish  Gil

(N'Zogbia)  (Sinclair)   (Praet)  (Cole)

Benteke

(Kozak)  (Robinson) (Gabby)

I'm confident that squad could compete for mid table - maybe even more if we found some consistent form and some better luck with injuries. A lot depends on whether we can keep the Beast and Delph though, and to a lesser extent Vlaar. I still wouldn't be sure about lining up with Hutton first choice rb and Richards in the centre.  

I'd certainly be feeling sprightly come the start of the season if all these deals came off though. 

Fixed it for you. ;)

Not a bad squad if we can get these guys in - and keep the main group together...

Begovic

(Guzan)

Richards Vlaar Clark Amavi

(Hutton) (Okore) (Baker) (Richardson)

Sanchez Gueye Delph

(Gardner) (Westwood)

Grealish Gil

(N'Zogbia) (Sinclair) (Praet) (Cole)

Benteke

(Kozak) (Robinson) (Gabby)

I'm confident that squad could compete for mid table - maybe even more if we found some consistent form and some better luck with injuries. A lot depends on whether we can keep the Beast and Delph though, and to a lesser extent Vlaar. I still wouldn't be sure about lining up with Hutton first choice rb and Richards in the centre.

I'd certainly be feeling sprightly come the start of the season if all these deals came off though.

Fixed it for you. ;)

Wow looking at that squad after potential business has been done really does show how big the task at hand is. We need a complete overhaul!!

Chelsea won't let Bamford go cheap and he is unproven at this level.

That's true, but hasn't he only got one year on his contract?

If they don't play him they might just sell, no point losing him for free. Such a shame he's not going to get a chance, Jose isn't much a gambler, not when there's a league to be won.

So are Amavi and Praet but a lot of people are excited about that. The only way we wiłl progress as a club is to take risks on highly rated young players as we can't take them when they are developed.

Need to become a breeding ground where if we have £10 mill to spend on someone highly rated they will join us instead of a big boy as they know that in two years time they will get that opportunity anyway while also having had a pay rose and gained some experience by joining us.

Easier said than done and money has to be there but if opportunities arise where we can show some balls then we should do so. Gueye and Austin would be the next bracket up in terms of experience and I hope Sjerwood again has the balls to trump everyone like he seems to have done with Gueye.

Although I agree with you concerning the type/quality of player we should be looking to bring in now I would hope that in 2 years time we will have improved enough for some if not all of those players to want to stick around and to be able to bring in a couple of "developed" players to add to those within the next 2 years.

Otherwise we would become a feeder club as your second paragraph suggests rather than aim to become a "big boy" which should be the aim of a great club like ours. We are Aston Villa after all and if we are not happy about the prospect of Benteke or Delph moving now why should we feel any differently about selling off the family jewels in 2 years time?   

We are well covered in numbers for right back but not quality. Would folk really be happily going into the new season with Hutton or Bacuna at RB!? I like Bacuna but not as an out an out RB. This is a position we need filling.