Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Lower league links, phew, back to normality :)

I'm genuinely excited about how our team might look next season. Sherwood is appearing to be ruthless in his shaping of our squad, and we are probably going to see 4 or 5 new players in the first eleven, at least.

It's exciting in the same way that Lambert's first pre-season was. It's the uncertainty of it all, that we could be (once again) leaping into the unknown, where the fear of another relegation battle feels just as likely as a shock battle for a Europa League position.

Agreed.

I say bring it on to be honest, apart from actually being relegated we can't do any worse than we have over the last 3 seasons. Shit football, shit mentality and most importantly shit results. Like Sherwood has been saying, we need to find winners again. Players who aren't happy just picking up their pay cheques or finish mid table every year would be a good start. I'm all for this ruthless in and out policy personally.

• Like 1

Begovic being linked again today. 10m

Thought the deal to Chelsea was nearly done for 8m? Can't understand a keeper wanting to sit on the bench only for money, surely coming to Villa as number 1 and a healthy wage would be a lot more appealing.

You would think the prospect of playing rather than sitting on a bench would swing it but I guess there are thousands of reasons (in the shape of pound coins) as to why he might prefer to move to the bright lights of London. 

Talk Sport have mentioned a link to Wilson but his having said he would rather stay where he is. I wish Benteke would react in the same way to the link to him leaving Villa!

Apparently we're odds on favourites with skybet to sign Townsend. I don't know if that means he's likely to sign.

We've been odds-on for a couple of weeks. HITC just seemed to notice it yesterday.

• Like 1

I just hope we don't sign Adebayor.

It's all looking positive from a signings perspective so far, based on who we've been linked with...

GK - Begovic

LB - Amavi

CDM - Gueye

ACM - Praet

LW - Townsend

Think we would still need another RB, as well as a ST (2 if Benteke is sold).

It's all looking positive from a signings perspective so far, based on who we've been linked with...

GK - Begovic

LB - Amavi

CDM - Gueye

ACM - Praet

LW - Townsend

Three right backs not enough for ya!

GK - Begovic

LB - Amavi

CDM - Gueye

ACM - Praet

LW - Townsend

With the exception of Gueye, I would be surprised to land any of the above.

• Like 1

Chelsea won't let Bamford go cheap and he is unproven at this level.

That's true, but hasn't he only got one year on his contract?

If they don't play him they might just sell, no point losing him for free. Such a shame he's not going to get a chance, Jose isn't much a gambler, not when there's a league to be won.

If they don't play him they might just sell, no point losing him for free. Such a shame he's not going to get a chance, Jose isn't much a gambler, not when there's a league to be won.

No he has 2 years left.

So are Amavi and Praet but a lot of people are excited about that. The only way we wiłl progress as a club is to take risks on highly rated young players as we can't take them when they are developed.

Need to become a breeding ground where if we have £10 mill to spend on someone highly rated they will join us instead of a big boy as they know that in two years time they will get that opportunity anyway while also having had a pay rose and gained some experience by joining us.

Easier said than done and money has to be there but if opportunities arise where we can show some balls then we should do so. Gueye and Austin would be the next bracket up in terms of experience and I hope Sjerwood again has the balls to trump everyone like he seems to have done with Gueye.

at least all these gambles are young and will have resale value.. when we did it with MON it was all old donkeys with no re sale value. We are more likely signing Bentekes than Heskeys. (referring to Geuye, Praet, Chery, Amavi etc)

Edited by KSV

GK - Begovic

LB - Amavi

CDM - Gueye

ACM - Praet

LW - Townsend

With the exception of Gueye, I would be surprised to land any of the above.

If we knew about Gueye before all this news we'd be saying it's unlikely we sign Gueye too tbh. 

Apparently we're odds on favourites with skybet to sign Townsend. I don't know if that means he's likely to sign.

50/50 chance i would say :)

Though there's only a 10% chance of that.

adsds.jpg

well, thats my film for tomorrow night sorted