Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

VILLA AGREE GUEYE FEE

Aston Villa have agreed a £9m fee with Lille for midfielder Idrissa Gana Gueye, according to Sky sources.

The Senegal international is due to arrive in the west Midlands on Thursday to discuss personal terms.

So much for having no money.

Were Villa, we really need players like Cambiaso, frack me while were at it lets sign most of the Leicester team, at least they are not bottlers like us in the cup, While were at it may as well take Kevin Philips to harden up the squad. All good for the last quarter of the season when we are shitting our pants yet again in the relegation zone.

Unless Sherwood has a few marques on the horizon, with who we have been looking at, I cannot see anything more than another fight to stay up. We need to spend some F**** money. Its getting well embarressing, Bournemouth can blow 8 million on a player and we looking for european no marks or free transfers, no wonder the plop and others take the piss.

We are the poundshop of the premier League, with out the success ofcourse.

Looks like you moaned too soon 9m for a player and we are poundland - Yep 9million poundland

John Percy in The Daily Telegraph claims WBA are to bid £10m for Austin. No doubt to replace Villa bound Berahino. :)[/quoted

They can if they want but in the evening standard (I work in London) qpr have said they'd let him run down his contract unless they get near on the 15m they are asking for.

When the Boilesen rumor came up, I said, that we would be better of going in for Ludwig. Since he came to Copenhagen he has been fantastic, and he played a good Under 21 championship as well, which makes it clear that he can deal with the pressure on big stages as well.

As a type he is very good offensively with good crossing and he takes good free kicks as well. Defensively he is a good player as well. He has good pace. However, he is still very young, and of course it is not sure that a 21-year old player from the Danish league can go in and perform on PL-level. But I believe in him.

The Expressen paper mentions 3,2m as Copenhagen's asking price, and if that is true it would be a bargain. However, I do not believe that. I think he will cost us around 4,5-5m. He is in every way a better player than Boilesen, and I would be very happy with this signing, and confident he can do well as first choice on left back next season.

• Like 4

Apparently Nani going to Turkey for 3.5 mill. Worth a punt? Surely wages could be subsidised with some sort of signing on fee?

Please God no.  Luckily he's the absolute opposite to the type of player Tim says he wants at the club.

Not sure what the problem is with him to be honest mate, enlighten me? Is he lazy? A premadonna etc? Genuine questions. I just thought he was a good player with a high ish profile going for cheap so would be good.

You've hit the nail on the head for me.  Always seems lazy - never really involves himself in games or seems up for it.  The kind of luxury player Tim doesn't seem to rate.  Certainly wouldn't be up for a relegation scrap (if we get into another one) IMO.

• Like 1

Apparently interested in Garbutt from Everton season long loan, heard on the grapevine up here.

I saw that on twitter, but then I also thought he was out of contract, so why would we loan him from Everton, when we can just sign him?! Unless he's signed a new deal?

Edit: He signed a new 5 year deal last week.

In which case, I'd rather not get other club's players ready for the Premier League, thank you very much! 

Edited by dAVe80
  • Like 1

Apparently interested in Garbutt from Everton season long loan, heard on the grapevine up here.

I saw that on twitter, but then I also thought he was out of contract, so why would we loan him from Everton, when we can just sign him?! Unless he's signed a new deal?

Think he committed to them

Were Villa, we really need players like Cambiaso, frack me while were at it lets sign most of the Leicester team, at least they are not bottlers like us in the cup, While were at it may as well take Kevin Philips to harden up the squad. All good for the last quarter of the season when we are shitting our pants yet again in the relegation zone.

Unless Sherwood has a few marques on the horizon, with who we have been looking at, I cannot see anything more than another fight to stay up. We need to spend some F**** money. Its getting well embarressing, Bournemouth can blow 8 million on a player and we looking for european no marks or free transfers, no wonder the plop and others take the piss.

We are the poundshop of the premier League, with out the success ofcourse.

Looks like you moaned too soon 9m for a player and we are poundland - Yep 9million poundland

Fair play. Now lets get that marque signing.

Edited by foreveryoung

Edit: He signed a new 5 year deal last week.

In which case, I'd rather not get other club's players ready for the Premier League, thank you very much!

That's what I said to my Everton mate! Don't want another Kyle Walker scenario.

• Like 1

Gotta say Garbutt looked absolute garbage in the U21s tournament. Hope there's nothing in these rumours,

Anyway why should we play a rubbish player with no prem experience on the off chance he may turn good and them send him back to Everton?

Rather give Bennett another chance, hes no worse than Garbutt and at least Bennett puts in a much better cross. How many crap deliveries did Garbutt put in during the u21s, good grief reminded me of De La Cruz and his attempts at crosses

Yeah got to admit I'm tired of us taking young PL players on loan for a season, giving them experience knowing we'll have no chance to sign them permanently. And yes he was gash in the U21's.

Gotta say Garbutt looked absolute garbage in the U21s tournament. Hope there's nothing in these rumours,

Anyway why should we play a rubbish player with no prem experience on the off chance he may turn good and them send him back to Everton?

Rather give Bennett another chance, hes no worse than Garbutt and at least Bennett puts in a much better cross. How many crap deliveries did Garbutt put in during the u21s, good grief reminded me of De La Cruz and his attempts at crosses

Shame you are only judging him on that tournament when every single player underperformed for England.

His delivery is usually excellent.

Shame you are only judging him on that tournament when every single player underperformed for England.

His delivery is usually excellent.

What do you think of him as a player? I seem to be in the minority on here but i think he is superb