Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Lucas Podolski, anyone? For the reported £2.3 mill I'd snap him up in a heartbeat, but seems he's set to finalize a deal with Galatasaray.

Seems like a player at end of his career but he's still only 30. I don't think he's a Sherwood type player really!

We've agreed a £9m fee for Idrissa Gueye according to Simon Jones:

Aston Villa have launched a £9million move for Lille midfielder Idrissa Gueye.

The 25-year-old Senegal international was wanted by Southampton as a potential replacement for Morgan Schneiderlin.

Their hopes looked dashed on Monday night when Marseille closed on a deal instead.

However, that triggered a rush of fresh bids on Tuesday from Crystal Palace, West Ham and Southampton again who asked for Gueye to hold off making a decision.

Villa director of recruitment Paddy Reilly though pushed to get a fee agreed last night and Lille are happy as they need to agree to sell the player by today for financial reasons.

Gueye has been described by former France international and Senegal coach Alain Giresse as being 'as good as Jean Tigana'.

Giresse, now coaching Mali, added: 'Gueye has stature, he has a good sense of anticipation and responds quickly. He is precise in his use of the ball and has started to add goals to his game too.

'In the dressing room, he is quiet and discreet, he has a good state of mind, he is a competitor.'

Villa had been considering a move for Esteban Cambiasso from Leicester but that deal is on hold as they attempt to finalise terms with Gueye.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3145173/West-Ham-Crystal-Palace-locked-battle-sign-Lille-midfielder-Idrissa-Gueye.html

I'm not sure we have much hope of winning that race but - if true - nice to see us trying for players of said demand and price-range. Not sure if such a move denotes an acceptance of Delph's departure or not.

Edited by Isa
  • Like 1

We've agreed a £9m fee for Idrissa Gueye according to Simon Jones:

I'm not sure we have much hope of winning that race but - if true - nice to see us trying for players of said demand and price-range. Not sure if such a move denotes an acceptance of Delph's departure or not.

Perhaps Cleverly's replacement?

cambiasso in sun, would you have him or too old?

id take him and Gueye. We need depth in midfield and we dont have any. Especially if Delph goes. However Daily Mail says that Cambiaasso interest is on hold to see if we get this chap.

Here is a clip of all his touches in the game he played against Everton last season. He seems to be Delph with a bit more quality and steel. Granted he could have been one of his better games. I havent seen much of him before.. but he has good composure on the ball.

• Like 2

If this is true it's exactly what I was talking about us needing to go in stronger for players.

Haven't heard of him in truth but from the clip I like the fact he gets the ball moving after 2/3 touches

Edited by mightysasquatch

I think Cambiasso even at his age would be a very good signing.

Same.

Not necessarily as a first name on the team sheet, starting every week player.

But as an experienced head to beef up the squad and as someone for the younger players to learn from, it'd be worth it.

I can't imagine he was on a huge wage at Leicester.

• Like 1