Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

We don't need a lot of players. We need quality

Guzan

Bacuna CB Clark LB

Cleverly? Sanchez Delph

Gil benteke? Sinclair

That's 2 1st team players if cleverly and benteke stay. + 3 squad players

We also have at least 7 players defo leaving + about 5 maybes freeing up a lot of resources

Bacuna should not be starting for us at right back. I'd rather have him as backup for Cleverley and an option at RB if necessary.

I agree with quality needed. For too many seasons we've had to bring in quantity over quality due to budget restrictions.

To give a competitive starting xi, we don't need too much. However, look how poor we become following injuries, suspension and loss of form.

If we sell benteke (looking likely) I hope we properly invest his fee on top of the transfer budget.

For me, we could potentially line up with.

Gk. Guzan

Rb. Trippier (Burnley)

Cb. Okore

Cb. Clark

Lb. Robertson (hull)

Rcm. Bacuna

Dm. Westwood

Lcm. Delph

Am. Grealish

Am. Sinclair

St. Austin (qpr)

However, we need to strengthen all over the pitch.

Just a thought, if Benteke leaves for the fee of the clause, would anyone go and bid a joint 15-20 million for Rhodes and Gestede? I haven't watched them loads but they've scored a fair few and as a partnership seem to be working!

I agree with quality needed. For too many seasons we've had to bring in quantity over quality due to budget restrictions.

To give a competitive starting xi, we don't need too much. However, look how poor we become following injuries, suspension and loss of form.

If we sell benteke (looking likely) I hope we properly invest his fee on top of the transfer budget.

For me, we could potentially line up with.

Gk. Guzan

Rb. Trippier (Burnley)

Cb. Okore

Cb. Clark

Lb. Robertson (hull)

Rcm. Bacuna

Dm. Westwood

Lcm. Delph

Am. Grealish

Am. Sinclair

St. Austin (qpr)

However, we need to strengthen all over the pitch.

with.

Gk. Guzan

Rb. Richards (Fiorentina)

Cb. Okore

Cb. Clark

Lb. Robertson (hull)

Rcm. Cleverly

Dm. Sanchez

Lcm. Delph

Am. Townsend (Spurs)

Am. Sinclair

St. Austin (qpr)

Based on Lerner never giving managers anything to spend. If people think we're going to be spending upwards of £30M then I think they might be in for a shock. I'd be surprised myself if we spent half of that.

Yeah, don't let facts get in the way of a good moan. There's been 1 season (McLeish) in which we didn't spend more than we made in transfers.

Not that I agree with useless. But the club is up for sale.

The facts are that since O'Neill left Managers have had very little to spend. Every year we get people working how much money we'd save on wages by selling this player and that player and calls for big investment but it never happens.

The facts are that since O'Neill left Managers have had very little to spend. Every year we get people working how much money we'd save on wages by selling this player and that player and calls for big investment but it never happens.

True, depressing. 

:blink: What? Houllier spent 30 mil in January ffs. 

Which followed on from Milner being sold and no other players coming in - other than the p/ex.

Edited by DK82

Based on Lerner never giving managers anything to spend. If people think we're going to be spending upwards of £30M then I think they might be in for a shock. I'd be surprised myself if we spent half of that.

I think I'm right in saying that this will be the first pre-season and Summer Transfer Window with Tom Fox involved.

I'm hoping that Fox reiterates to Randy what everyone says - you need to spend to stand still, let alone push away from a relegation battle!

If Benteke goes, which is looking very likely, I'm hoping that we have at least £40m for incoming transfer fees.

I bet we didn't end paying anywhere near the full £24M for Bent as hinted by Mysteryman at the time, and even if we did most of that would have come from the Milner sale. We then went on to make £37M from selling Downing and Young.

Just a thought, if Benteke leaves for the fee of the clause, would anyone go and bid a joint 15-20 million for Rhodes and Gestede? I haven't watched them loads but they've scored a fair few and as a partnership seem to be working!

No.

Where we're going, we don't need Rhodes.

Ok Doc Brown can we use the DeLorean to go back to 3pm Saturday please!?

Andros Townsend would be a really good player for us.

At least he has a pair or bollocks to take a man on and have a few shots.

At the right fee I would have him all day long, unfortunately he is English and plays for Spurs so will cost about £68m, and £400k a week.

• Like 3

No.

Ok Doc Brown can we use the DeLorean to go back to 3pm Saturday please!?

what and watch us get violated again, no thanks!

No.

But he has proven Championship quality.

It's a nice idea, but presumably they would fight pretty hard to avoid losing their entire forward line, I don't suppose it would be a cheap option.