Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Our biggest issue for me is being able to attract good players here, We can sell & release as many as we like but frankly what caliber of plyer is gonna sign up here? We barely scraped survival and will, like it or not, be among the favorites for relegation next season unless something dramatically changes owner wise very quickly. If Benteke goes as it now appears he will, we have to replace our main threat but with who? There are lists of players either out of contract or who we need to get rid of but frankly i cannot see us attracting sufficient quality players in enough numbers with a "Lerner" budget.

• Like 1

Also I'd imagine the players we are targeting are targets for other clubs who are in a better position than us too both in the league and financially. Trippier for one and I'd imagine Charlie Austin would have a few offers too for example I can see Swansea going after him.

• Like 1

Hooray! James Milner is off to Liverpool, saving us an entire transfer window's worth of fantasies about him "coming home".

He is now dead to me.

Watch them play him on the wing and then all the fans moan about how he's not that great.

• Like 3

Edit: A good point well made but I decided to edit it out as it's been made many times before.

Trippier looks a good player.

Edited by useless

He's a very good central midfielder.

He has only ever been a "good" winger.

When we moved him to central midfielder he was a great player. That's how he earned his move to Man City.

But they went and played him on the wing again.

Then in the past season when he's had a few games centrally he's looked great again.

I bet Liverpool do the same. Buy him and whack him back on the wing.

• Like 2

Tonev looked good on YouTube.

Did he chuff. He's the only player I've seen a Youtube clip of that has shots going over and wide as a highlight. Apart from the comedy Heskey ones.

Chuff that, there were clips where he went bottom corner, near post from 30 yards. And then other ones where he'd run like the wind, be one on one with the keeper and then just hammer it past him from outside the box. I was excited... Until his ninth shot in a row went into row Z.

I have this dreadful feeling that we are going to struggle to sign people this summer. I can see us being stuck with the existing squad for next season, potentially minus Benteke, Vlaar and Cleverley.

Any chance of doing a list of targets without the overrated, overpriced Townsend? ;)

Why do people on here dislike this guy so much? Honest question.

He is skilful, fast, agressive can run with ball and can shoot from distance. I know his isn't hazard but that's why he is a good target for us

The same reason people didn't like Sherwood before he joined us. Because he's at Spurs, because the media overrate him and because he's 'average'......

(Unlike the mighty European Cup winning Aston Villa who are anything but average!)

/sarcasm

I've never watched Townsend other than in Villa games, MOTD & England highlights, so I'm not an expert on him, but I'd take him at Villa. He seems better than what we currently have, and I imagine he'd make more of an impact for us than Gabby and N'Zogbia do.

This. And there must be a number of attainable players who would do the same.

Based on Lerner never giving managers anything to spend. If people think we're going to be spending upwards of £30M then I think they might be in for a shock. I'd be surprised myself if we spent half of that.

Seems Lukaku is another one trying to leave Everton..

Kristof Terreur @HLNinEngeland

R. Lukaku in @SportVoetbal: "I want to win titles. I want to know how it feels to play in the big games. I'm 22. Its time to win trophies."

Problem with Lukaku is Everton paid upwards of £30m for him; Everton would want to at the very least make a profit.

Which for me makes Benteke the better option in the market for clubs looking for a striker (I also think Benteke is the better player)

Based on Lerner never giving managers anything to spend. If people think we're going to be spending upwards of £30M then I think they might be in for a shock. I'd be surprised myself if we spent half of that.

Unless he wants he already devaluing underachieving asset to get relegated and be worth less he doesn't really have a choice

We don't need a lot of players. We need quality

Guzan

Bacuna CB Clark LB

Cleverly? Sanchez Delph

Gil benteke? Sinclair

That's 2 1st team players if cleverly and benteke stay. + 3 squad players

We also have at least 7 players defo leaving + about 5 maybes freeing up a lot of resources

Edited by dakid007

Yeah, don't let facts get in the way of a good moan. There's been 1 season (McLeish) in which we didn't spend more than we made in transfers.