Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

£4m for a league one player, wow, the transfer market has gone mad.

He is an international and did win player of the tournament at the Asian Cup if that helps justify it. How much did we pay for crap like Matthew Lowton anyhow, £3m wasn't it?

• Like 1

Brit Assombolonga cost Forest £6mil from Peterborough also Dwight Gayle cost Palace £8million from Peterborough.

But we paid £3mil for Lowton.. Luongo is a much more talented player but obviously plays in different position.

I'm lead to believe that the deal will be closer to 2mil, with some of your youngsters coming our way. It could be 'valued' at 4mil depending on which of your players join us. 

Edited by Moonraker

One of the most respected Polish football commentators Mateusz Borek said in yesterdays football television programme that Southampton and Villa are ready to pay 6-7 mln euros for Ondrej Duda from Legia Warszawa. Don't ask me anything about this Duda guy, i don't watch Polish football... but from what i've heard he is highly rated.

If all these rumours of a takeover going to happen by July then i cant see us buying anyone by then. Why would Lerner spend more money if he is planning in getting out? Orrrrr is a takeover not even close which was suggested by Fox only 2 weeks back? Id believe the latter quicker than the first.

Striker Benteke’s sensational form for Aston Villa has fired them to the brink of safety from relegation and into an FA Cup Final against Arsenal on May 30.

He has two years left on his current contract and Villa plan to offer him a new deal this summer.

But the in-demand 24-year-old, snapped up from Genk in his homeland for £7m in 2012, is not intending to sign an extension - and MirrorSport understands Villa are unlikely to stand in his way if they receive an offer of £32m for him.

Meanwhile, Sherwood has insisted Ashley Westwood, 25, will NOT be sold this summer.

Sherwood dropped the 25-year-old midfielder for his first game in charge in February, and his chances of earning a recall were then restricted due to injury.

But Westwood, signed from Crewe for a bargain £900,000 in 2012 by Sherwood's predecessor Paul Lambert, returned for the FA Cup semi-final win over Liverpool following injury to Gabby Agbonlahor and has been in superb form since.

Sherwood said: “He’s going nowhere - and you can tell him and his agent that.

“He’s the Michael Carrick mould of a player and I think he can get better.

"He’s one of my favourite players. He’s definitely my cup of tea - the sort of footballer I like. He’s not going to score you a bagful of goals, but if you analyse him he passes the ball forward more than most.

“He slides it in between the midfield - gets the No10 on the ball. He passes it quick: the commentator does not have time to say his name - that’s what I like.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-man-united-transfer-target-5685342

Striker Benteke’s sensational form for Aston Villa has fired them to the brink of safety from relegation and into an FA Cup Final against Arsenal on May 30.

He has two years left on his current contract and Villa plan to offer him a new deal this summer.

But the in-demand 24-year-old, snapped up from Genk in his homeland for £7m in 2012, is not intending to sign an extension - and MirrorSport understands Villa are unlikely to stand in his way if they receive an offer of £32m for him.

Meanwhile, Sherwood has insisted Ashley Westwood, 25, will NOT be sold this summer.

Sherwood dropped the 25-year-old midfielder for his first game in charge in February, and his chances of earning a recall were then restricted due to injury.

But Westwood, signed from Crewe for a bargain £900,000 in 2012 by Sherwood's predecessor Paul Lambert, returned for the FA Cup semi-final win over Liverpool following injury to Gabby Agbonlahor and has been in superb form since.

Sherwood said: “He’s going nowhere - and you can tell him and his agent that.

“He’s the Michael Carrick mould of a player and I think he can get better.

"He’s one of my favourite players. He’s definitely my cup of tea - the sort of footballer I like. He’s not going to score you a bagful of goals, but if you analyse him he passes the ball forward more than most.

“He slides it in between the midfield - gets the No10 on the ball. He passes it quick: the commentator does not have time to say his name - that’s what I like.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-man-united-transfer-target-5685342

Is this the same James Nursery who had Westy out the door a month ago when myself and stefan were the only ones praising him?

• Like 1

I don't mind one or two as managers usually sign players they trust which is understandable.

However the thought of 6 or 7+ ex spurs players coming in isn't really inspiring and somewhat pretty lazy and worrying.

Yes I know some of it is paper talk so far etc so i'll wait and see what happens in the summer.

He needs to get it right though especially if we are taken over as new owners are likely to pull the trigger pretty easily if it came to it.

Isn't inspiring!? Lazy and worrying!? The Brentford lads - Pritchard and Button are very highly rated!

I doubt Spurs will even let Pritchard go in the summer now. He'd probably be in their first team squad already if they hadn't spanked millions on inspiring foreigners.

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe

I would hope that a new owner or our current one would see the wisdom of doing everything possible to keep Benteke for another season at least and we will not get a like for like replacement for £32m.

I doubt he would want to miss out on a third Wembley appearance in 2015 in the Community Shield or our run to the Champions League in 16/17 via the Europa Cup next season.

Nice to see those comments on Westy.