Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Possibly a controversial one.

What about Ashley Cole as a short term Left Back solution.

Rumours are that Roma are very keen to move him on as he hasn't impressed much out there. MIght be more at home with a move back to the prem?

Despite having about £30m sat in his bank I'd be amazed if he put football in front of earning more money, surprised he joined Roma instead of the MLS anyway, although I'm sure I'd seen something saying left backs won't get the same status / cash as attacking players

I am pretty sure he joined Roma over many other teams offering a big last pay day, he is on a rarely modest salary.

...and if he didn't put football in front of earning money then why is his trophy cabiney stuffed? Why did he stay at Arsenal and Chelsea so long when he could have had a few pay days ala Anelka?

Anyways, his legs have gone and he wouldn't be able to match the pace of the PL at any level.

Have to say I'm not really sure what Guzan has done wrong to be honest. 

The Man Citeh error was really appalling. That should not be happening at any point, never mind in a game of that magnitude.

Not to say he should be sold / dropped entirely on one mistake, but it wasnt the first mistake, and if we have available finances to strengthen the GK position, and the other more necessary areas, we should at least look at it.

• Like 1

In all honesty I don't think Goose has had the best of seasons. I like him, but he makes some clangers and he does so way too often. His distribution is poor, however he does have a great command over the box for set plays and crosses.

I wouldn't mind us bringing in Timo Horn, Given isn't good enough for a full season and corners look atrocious with him in goal, I'm all for competition for places.

Guzan doesn't instil confidence in his defence and has erratic distribution. Look at the difference between him and Given and its astonishing. Guzan is hyperactive if he can learn to calm down and improve his decision making and distribution he can still be a top goalkeeper but either way we need a new keeper to push for number 1 seeing as Given is getting on and is on massive money.

Yeah it's not like he nearly crashed his car when arsenal offered him £80k a week, how could they do it to him...

A stupid quite, I agree.

The fact is they offered him £60k, then knocked it down to £55k. Which was an insult when his market worth was £100k

In all honesty I don't think Goose has had the best of seasons. I like him, but he makes some clangers and he does so way too often. His distribution is poor, however he does have a great command over the box for set plays and crosses.

I wouldn't mind us bringing in Timo Horn, Given isn't good enough for a full season and corners look atrocious with him in goal, I'm all for competition for places.

Out of interest other than City which are the clangers. Genuine question. 

For me he is a great keeper, maybe not been his best season but he's still be great. I think it was very harsh to drop him for that one mistake.

• Like 1

leicester at home

It took a deflection on way through but OK I'll give you that one

He's let in a lot of soft goals this season. Lukaku's at Everton in the 3-0 loss for example. There were others. Guzan has been below average this season, so I wouldn't mind Sherwood bringing a new keeper. 

leicester at home

It took a deflection on way through but OK I'll give you that one

Swansea away, he dropped a cross for their goal.  Palace away he was really dodgy and has let some soft shots go past him add to that his bad kicking.  As much as I love him he needs to improve and it would be good for the team if we brought in quality competition for him. 

Aside from the mistake against City, Guzan has been absolutely fine.  People seem to forget that, up to a point, we had one of the best defences in the league and Guzan was a massive part of this.

• Like 2

The luongo sp? Deal is done apparently, no shock there but apparently is 4million with 4 players going on loan the other way, 2 others possible perm. Robinson,Hepburn Murphy and donacien three of the loans, Kevin turner one of the permanents.might not at be announced as one deal but that's how its working apparently. I've been told that so will wait and see if it comes true. Apparently it does just need to be announced

He's let in a lot of soft goals this season. Lukaku's at Everton in the 3-0 loss for example. There were others. Guzan has been below average this season, so I wouldn't mind Sherwood bringing a new keeper. 

Swansea away, he dropped a cross for their goal.  Palace away he was really dodgy and has let some soft shots go past him add to that his bad kicking.  As much as I love him he needs to improve and it would be good for the team if we brought in quality competition for him. 

Swansea away was a free kick so I'm not sure what you are refering to there not been able to find the highlights. Palace away I was at the game and I dont remember him being especially dodgy, we kept a clean sheet so he can't have been too bad.

Everton away - Lukaku goal, yes that is a mistake.

To be clear I am not saying he hasnt made mistakes this year just that I was struggling to remember them so I thought between us we would be able to highlight them rather than just saying "there has been loads".

That way we can better assess whether he has been below average this year or whether this is people jumping on a bandwagon after the City error.

Edited by villaglint