Players you've completely forgotten about

VillaChris

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Another wasted season for two chelsea youngsters who once had high hopes, Chalobah and Bamford getting the junk minutes.

That's the frustrating/annoying thing about clubs like Chelsea etc

They hoover up all the good talent, farm them out for 'experience' but never intend on playing them and instead try and get top dollar as they've come through their academy. 

Its a waste, whereas teams like us, would probably give them more experience and playing time but without the 'prestige' of being a Chelsea. 

There should be a cap on how many academy players a club can register. 

in fairness the players agents are probably worse than the clubs. Them players could get deals at lesser clubs for lesser money but why take that risk when Chelsea probably giving them 20-30k a week

• Like 1

Dirk Kuyt. 

Just read that he scored a hattrick to secure the Dutch title for Feyenoord. 

I always liked the bloke when he was at Liverpool. He reminds me a little bit of Thomas Müller (though not in the same class) in that he isn't the best technically, but his shear desire was just amazing. 

1 hour ago, av1 said:

Dirk Kuyt. 

Just read that he scored a hattrick to secure the Dutch title for Feyenoord. 

I always liked the bloke when he was at Liverpool. He reminds me a little bit of Thomas Müller (though not in the same class) in that he isn't the best technically, but his shear desire was just amazing. 

Looking at his career record on Wikipedia, it looks lie he's hardly been injured. Constantly plays in the majority of games. 

On 14/05/2017 at 20:02, Xela said:

The Fulham boss, Jokanovic, playing for Chelsea. That just passed me by! No recollection of it! 

Yeah I think the abramovic years have kind of swept the couple of years before him under the carpet, the years from gullit to vialli where they seemed to be buying big names from round Europe seemingly on big wages

they had jokanovic, deschamps, casiraghi, ferrer, zola, goldbaek, Hughes, de goey,  poyet, bosnich, stqnic, hasselbaink, Bogarde, petit

all over 28, most of them over 30

• Like 1

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah I think the abramovic years have kind of swept the couple of years before him under the carpet, the years from gullit to vialli where they seemed to be buying big names from round Europe seemingly on big wages

they had jokanovic, deschamps, casiraghi, ferrer, zola, goldbaek, Hughes, de goey,  poyet, bosnich, stqnic, hasselbaink, Bogarde, petit

I wouldnt call some of them players big names. Jokanovic, Goldabek were nobodies really outside their own country though had a Watford like scattergun approach to transfers

23 hours ago, villa4europe said:

That's the reason they were close to bankruptcy back in 2003, Chelsea beating Liverpool in the final game of that season put them 4th and the reason abramovich took over, if they hadn't won that game I do wonder what Chelsea would've been today

Who was that bloke from Africa that played for Everton in th late 90s/early2000, a fan run on the pitch and tried to change shirts with him cus he was that bad

1 hour ago, Jimzk5 said:

Who was that bloke from Africa that played for Everton in th late 90s/early2000, a fan run on the pitch and tried to change shirts with him cus he was that bad

I can only think of Amokachi or Bakayoko?

On 5/18/2017 at 19:08, villa4europe said:

Bernard Lambourde.

Only remember his as I saw him in a clip of John Terry's first ever goal

• 4 weeks later...

Elano of Man City 2007/09.

Someone just mentioned him on a facebook page and I immediately thought of this thread.  I'd complettely forgotten about this lad's existence.  Shone briefly and then buggered off.

• Like 1

Mikael Forssell.

I believe he's still playing in Finland and still only mid 30s.

Was desperate for us to sign him that one year he was on fire at SHA as I think he'd have been fantastic with Angel but he did his knee soon after and was never really the same force again.

• Like 1

Â