Players you've completely forgotten about

VillaChris

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

had to google that, was in the time of his 1 goal season at Sunderland :lol:

ah it was under Stuart Pearce so not a real manager

Madness. 6 league goals in 4 years and then plays for his country! 

1 hour ago, Jimzk5 said:

Sat in Gatwick airport when mark viduka just popped up on sky sports, wiki'd him to see he's record wasn't as impressive as I remembered 

258 goals in 507 games over his career? Not bad at all. He was terrific at Leeds. 

I always thought Viduka was a tremendous striker but attitude and workrate held him back from being truly work class. He was very good for Australia aswell and decent at Boro.

Boro in 2006 had him, Hasselbaink and Yakubu as strikers, all brilliant finishers but work rate wasn't high on the agenda it's fair to say.

the funniest Viduka story I heard certainly made him sound like a word removed.

When Celtic were losing to Inverness in Scottish Cup he jumped into the bath at halftime and told John Barnes he would never play for him again 

14 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

258 goals in 507 games over his career? Not bad at all. He was terrific at Leeds. 

He was brilliant for Leeds but he's record after that wasn't great, also surprised he only got 40 odd caps for Australia 

15 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I loved Mark Viduka me. Made the game look so easy. Lovely touch, quality finisher.

Always remember he scored a hat trick in a game against Liverpool (I think) which was unreal. I thought viduka was brilliant.

Having just done a bit of research, he scored 4.

Edited by Mjvilla
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

He was brilliant for Leeds but he's record after that wasn't great, also surprised he only got 40 odd caps for Australia 

Lots of our players didn't come back for games against the Pacific Island nations and the like, hence he doesn't have many caps nor does he have a good scoring record for us. He was at the tail end of his career when we moved into the AFC and he improved a dismal scoring record with a decent 2007 Asian Cup from memory.

Apparently Urby Emanuelson plays for Sheffield Weds now.

Just checked and he hasn't played a single first team game for the since signing last year.

Guy made 75 appearences for Milan in the 3 seasons he was there.

Royston Drenthe is another who I think was at Wednesday briefly, does he still play anywhere?

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Apparently Urby Emanuelson plays for Sheffield Weds now.

Just checked and he hasn't played a single first team game for the since signing last year.

Guy made 75 appearences for Milan in the 3 seasons he was there.

Royston Drenthe is another who I think was at Wednesday briefly, does he still play anywhere?

He's retired to pursue a rap career!

On 09/04/2017 at 12:53, Zatman said:

the funniest Viduka story I heard certainly made him sound like a word removed.

When Celtic were losing to Inverness in Scottish Cup he jumped into the bath at halftime and told John Barnes he would never play for him again 

A massive racist obviously...

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Â