Players you've completely forgotten about

VillaChris

Bolton and England, made his debut on the same night as Darius (he did get his call up on merit btw) which meant Middlesborough came in for him with a big bag of money. He took it and disappeared without trace.

Last seen punching a butch woman outside the mermaid.

Edited by jim

That Russian bloke that played for Everton a few years ago with a name that looked like a set of scrabble letters.

Also that striker they had on loan at the same time, think he was south American but was bizarrely called Dennis?

I was talking about these two players last night. Diniyar Bilyaletdinov and Denis Stracqualursi

50p a letter, Kenwright was on to something...

His compatriot Vincente, was amazing in 03/04/05 then all the Spanish WC winners began getting infront of him in the international team.

I was VERY surprised to see him turn out of Brighton a couple of years ago, don't know what's happened to him now, but he wasn't that old.

Must google :)

Edit: he retired in 2013 after finishing with Brighton.  Very surprised.  He's only 33!

Edited by lapal_fan

He was world class back in 2002-04, probably best player in La Liga when Valencia won the title but he had such bad luck with injury it was wasted potential :(

Correct, an absolute flying winger with goals to boot. Rafa's Valencia team was such entertainment.

Joaquin also, too many injuries and probably stayed at Betis too long. Tore England apart in one friendly like I have never saw a winger do since. Think it was the game when Rooney chucked Casillas into the crowd.

• Like 1

It was repeated ankle injuries apparently.

He went on record blaming the Valencia medical staff and was shown the door when his contract expired, hence his time at Brighton when he was just turning 30.

Real shame, because I used Spain exclusively on Fifa 03 on PS2 because of him Joaquin, Valeron and a 19 year old Torres, I think I got to the top 50 players in the world :lol:

Ryan Babel. Currently plying his trade at Kasimpasa in Turkey. Still only 28

That's a good one. 

He looked like he was in the wrong system at Liverpool, but didn't look shabby anyway.

Chasing the money I guess?

Ryan Babel. Currently plying his trade at Kasimpasa in Turkey. Still only 28

That's a good one.

He looked like he was in the wrong system at Liverpool, but didn't look shabby anyway.

Chasing the money I guess?

Strange team Kasımpaşa. Tiny stadium in one of the richest suburbs in Istanbul.

No doubt doubt he's being paid in cars and apartments rather than cash. Him and Sneijder probably have vigorous bum sex aswell.

• 3 weeks later...
Â