Pre-Match Thread, Waiting In The Wings!

Kingman

Scousers have a sniff of 4th spot at the moment so cannot see them entirely focused on this game - but they have excellent players and I fancy Coutinho to score. I'm going to say 2-2 and then a heart breaking gaff by one of our players to let the scousers win.

• Like 1

I'm in a dilemma about Arsenal.

If we win, then I'd love Arsenal to have ballsed it up against Reading.

If we lose, then I'd rather Arsenal went through as I can't face Liverpool winning it :(

Interesting.

Surely have to cheer on Reading as long as we're still in the tournament.

If it's a Reading Liverpool final I'll just go and live in a cave for 6 months

• Like 1

Do I assume Petrov isn't leading us out then?

"Those numbers - and a host of other Villa-related songs - are part of our Wembley playlist but 'Aston Villa That's Who' has the honour of being the final track played just before Fabian Delph leads the lads out on to the famous turf"

If we lose, then I'd rather Arsenal went through as I can't face Liverpool winning it :(

Interesting.

6 months? Mate they still bang on about he won them the Champion's league playing right back. That was 10yrs ago, if plop win the cup I'm sodding emigrating.

Interesting.

Well therein lies the dilemma.

I will be cheering Reading on. But if they win, and then we lose, I'll be cursing myself!

Because of course who I cheer on will directly influence the result!

Edited by Stevo985

I'd play (if fit):

GK Given

RB Bacuna

CB Vlaar

CB Okore

LB Lowton/Hutton

RM N'Zogbia

CM Delph

CM Cleverley

LM Grealish

ST Benteke

ST Gabby

Subs: Guzan, Baker, Cole, Westwood, Weimann, Sinclair, Hutton/Lowton.

Alan Hutton will definitely miss the match, this would be my line-up, presuming everyone else in the squad is available. 

Given, Bacuna, Vlaar, Okore, Clark, Westwood, Cleverley, Delph, Sinclair, Gil and Benteke. 

Will be a very tight game, Liverpool's danger man is a player we were heavily linked with back in 2012, Mr Philippe Coutinho, hopefully Ron 'Greenhouse' Vlaar has him in his back-pocket like he did with Harry Kane last Saturday.

Edited by Avflife

One thing is absolutely certain, we will create enough chances to win this game. I think it will come down to finishing, for both sides.

Would you want to bet against our boys? 

I'd highly recommend it, just as insurance. ;)

Coutinho is not going to be Ron Vlaar's duty though is he. Doesn't he play as a no.10 or on the left of midfield. Sterling and Sturridge will be different types of challenges to Kane. We can beat them if we take our chances. 

http://forums.liverpoolfc.com/threads/371757-FA-Cup-Semi-Final-LFC-v-Aston-Villa-Sunday-19th-April-KO-15-00\

Bit of a mix from them, some already planning for Gerrard Day (aka, the FA cup final), some genuinely seem worried about us.

Although one guy on the ifrst page of that thread did talk sense about our team until he said our biggest worry is DM because Sanchez has been playing so well lately.

Sherwood will have his ass handed to him on a stick this weekend. Benteke or no Benteke. I would go so far as to say that Agbonlahor is arguably more important to Villa than Benteke is .. and reports suggest he will miss the game through injury.

Liverpool vs Arsenal FA Cup final this year. Not a second's doubt in my mind about that.

Interesting.

6 months? Mate they still bang on about he won them the Champion's league playing right back. That was 10yrs ago, if plop win the cup I'm sodding emigrating.

There is no point in emigrating mate, they are evrywhere.

Edited by Ikantcpell

Prepare yourselves for the " Slippy G-Media-Wankfest" commencing sometime this afternoon reaching overdrive by Sunday Lunchtime.

Gerrard won't start ..... he'll be on the bench !

Prepare yourselves for the " Slippy G-Media-Wankfest" commencing sometime this afternoon reaching overdrive by Sunday Lunchtime.

Gerrard won't start ..... he'll be on the bench !

That wont stop them

They'll even bill it as "Slippy G comes on to save the day"

More people mentioning it in here then anywhere else tbh. It will probably become a thing if they get to the final