Pre-Match Thread, Waiting In The Wings!

Kingman

is it me or does it look like Cole injured himself getting off the coach?

Haha thought the same actually. Good to see Gil travel.. I hope he makes the bench. Gabby is there? Positive.

Given is getting the start Sherwood already stated.

Given

Bacuna, Vlaar, Baker, Hutton, 

Westwood Delph Cleverly

Cole

Benteke, Sinclair

Weimann, N'Zogbia, and Grealish are all in contention to start as well.  

I would disagree if that is true. Its is the semi finals, you play your first choice keeper. Shay has done a good job in the early rounds, but now it is serious. Not really that fair on Guzan as he played every game of the league cup run and was dropped for Friedel when we got to the final.

"Indeed the manager confirmed on Friday that the Irishman would be his starting goalkeeper up until the final, should Villa advance"

“Personally, you’ve got to give it to the guy who’s got you that far, if he’s done well,”

Straight from Sherwood's mouth but basically he states that Guzan would likely be brought back in if we made the final. 

• Like 1

I'm glad Arsenal won yesterday. Tactics Tim would know plenty about them after formerly being a neighbour and I'm sure he'd be well up for getting one over the old enemy if we manage to get past the smeggers.

I think he'll keep faith with Given. I just hope he plays our strongest possible line-up after that. Is Hutton out? If so, I think he'll play this:

-----------Given------------

Bacuna--Vlaar--Baker--Lowton

------------Delph-----------

-----Cleverly-----Grealish---

------------Sinclair---------

-------Gabby--------Benteke---

I think we will see a great Villa performance today, regardless of the result. Sherwood won't allow them to not give 100% and he'll take the pressure off them by reminding them that there's no points at stake. They can play with freedom and I think that's when us fans see the best in our team.

We might be a bit too open for players like Sterling and Coutinho to exploit so expect us to concede a couple but I think we might out-score them in a 3-2 Villa thriller. Gabby and Benteke to be the destroyers today.