Pre-Match Thread, Waiting In The Wings!

Kingman

Most were also saying the same about the Spuds game - a loss for us etc etc but we came out on top (granted Supds not as good as plop). This won't be a walkover as some are making out, both defences are suspect, and saying we won't score! Benteke will get one - this is the stage for him.

Win or lose as long as we put in a performance to announce that we are no longer a boring drab team (I want a win actually as I want to see us win this trophy as I have seen us win all the others bar this one!). Was born just after the last FA Cup Win!

• Like 1

Seems as though Sinclair and Westwood are fit, Gabby touch and go. I'm guessing Hutton and Cissokho are still out. On that basis I'd play:

Given

Bacuna Okore Vlaar Lowton

Westwood

Cleverley Delph

Gil

Gabby Benteke

but I suspect we'll see:

Given

Bacuna Vlaar Baker Richardson

Westwood

Cleverley Delph

Grealish

Gabby Benteke

First 20 minutes are key for me - to often when we play Liverpool they are out of sight by half time with a flurry of goals - if we can keep it tight - I can confident we can nick one or two goals at the other end.....

Sinclair being fit is a real boost, especially with the doubts over Gabby.

I'd go for:

Given | Bacuna Vlaar Baker Lowton | Cleverley Okore Delph | Grealish | Benteke Gabby/Sinclair

I have a feeling a lot of us are strangly confident... but so am I!

I just think all of our lads will raise up to the occassion and woop some scouse ass!

Lowton and Tekkers to score!

Some people seem pessimistic just for the sake of it. This isn't the same Liverpool team that we once feared. We've proven that we can beat them when the pressure is off (away from home), and I think we'll beat them on Sunday. I don't think it'll be easy, but I think we'll want it more.

Benteke to run riot.

2-1 to Villa.

Sinclair being fit is a real boost, especially with the doubts over Gabby.

I'd go for:

Given | Bacuna Vlaar Baker Lowton | Cleverley Okore Delph | Grealish | Benteke Gabby/Sinclair

OKore in midfield?

That's odd (and won't happen)

But swap him for Westwood and I think that'll be close to the team

• Like 1

I just cannot understand why so many people (including the bookies) see this as a one horse race.

Corals for example have us as 9/1 to win the cup but 11/2 to beat Liverpool (which appears the easier of the two potential barriers to our lifting the trophy). This is not the Liverpool of the 1970s & we beat them 5-1 in 76/7 in any case!  

I have backed Benteke to score first and us to win 3-1 or 3-0 @ 210/1 & 340/1 respectively so I may well invest my winnings in Club Wembley seats for the Final!  :)

• Like 2

We need to show Liverpool absolutely no respect whatsoever. Be wary of course of their attacking qualities but also remember that their defence is fragile and we are the ones with the in form striker.

Liverpool are not a scary proposition.

Why would we show respect to Liverpool?

We need to show Liverpool absolutely no respect whatsoever. Be wary of course of their attacking qualities but also remember that their defence is fragile and we are the ones with the in form striker.

Liverpool are not a scary proposition.

Why would we show respect to Liverpool?

Because everyone loves them? Don't **** forget they've won the European cup five times and Stevie g is the king of the universe. **** silly question!

OKore in midfield?

You're right that it won't happen. I'd like to see it tried though, Okore has the attributes to do that role I believe.

OKore in midfield?

You're right that it won't happen. I'd like to see it tried though, Okore has the attributes to do that role I believe.
It's been mentioned a few times and you do have that feeling it could work but it's one of those moves you do where you have no choice (though we are close to that) or a bit of an experiment/gamble if you're in a position to do it, possibly not a semi final.

I think it is pretty likely to be Vlaar & Baker unless Baker plays left back but that isn't really Sherwood and I wouldn't want it either.

Edited by AlwaysAVFC