2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

I've been meaning to post this the 22,457 other times FFP has come up in this forum, but have only got round to doing so now.

Was there initially a rule that allowed the owner to sink as much money into a club as he liked as long as that money was never taken back out of the club, effectively resulting in a personal loss for said owner? I swear that I read that when FFP was in the works, did I just make it up?

Edit: I'm sure it was worded to say that an owner can gift an amount of cash to the club, which can then use said cash as they see fit.

Edited by Chewie
  • Like 2

I wonder if FFP had been in place when Deadly was selling would Lerner have bought us

Possibly not but at same time City might not have gotten new owners either.The latter of which is why all this FFP has come in to stop likes of us getting rich owners and pushing the Uniteds and Liverpools out of the top places
  • Like 1

I wonder if FFP had been in place when Deadly was selling would Lerner have bought us

Possibly not but at same time City might not have gotten new owners either.The latter of which is why all this FFP has come in to stop likes of us getting rich owners and pushing the Uniteds and Liverpools out of the top places

Don't be so cynical !!

I've been meaning to post this the 22,457 other times FFP has come up in this forum, but have only got round to doing so now.

Was there initially a rule that allowed the owner to sink as much money into a club as he liked as long as that money was never taken back out of the club, effectively resulting in a personal loss for said owner? I swear that I read that when FFP was in the works, did I just make it up?

Edit: I'm sure it was worded to say that an owner can gift an amount of cash to the club, which can then use said cash as they see fit.

There is something like that but I think there is only a certain amount that can be done. We've probably done it already with Lerner when he wrote of some of the loan Villa owed him which were turned into equity.

There is something like that but I think there is only a certain amount that can be done. We've probably done it already with Lerner when he wrote of some of the loan Villa owed him which were turned into equity.

Not that I can do any better, but I'm guessing this isn't the definitive answer Chewie was looking for :)

The prem will be done by a 20 team vote, think it was 4/5 who voted no last time, us, baggies, city, Chelsea and a.n.other, I think even Chelsea would vote yes this time round

Why would they? Even they are having to sell to buy at present. Every team in the league bar Arsenal and Man U would want FFP changed.

Thanks. Would be pretty sweet if this happened. Has had a lot of success with the heat. I actually bought one of their tops the other day :)

Micky Arison is the guy who has Messi* in his team and is so tight, not wanting to pay,say Pique*, that Messi* decides to leave. 

* actual names and sports may vary.

* I have no idea what you are talking about.

Micky Arison is the owner of NBA's Miami Heat. He lucked into a player collusion that brought LeBron James to his team - the closest basketball comparison to Leo Messi. Then he lost James because he was being a cheap ass, amnestying a player that James and others had taken a paycut so they could sign, didn't spend to replace him and lost the following year's finals. 

Thanks. Would be pretty sweet if this happened. Has had a lot of success with the heat. I actually bought one of their tops the other day :)

Micky Arison is the guy who has Messi* in his team and is so tight, not wanting to pay,say Pique*, that Messi* decides to leave.

* actual names and sports may vary.

* I have no idea what you are talking about.

Micky Arison is the owner of NBA's Miami Heat. He lucked into a player collusion that brought LeBron James to his team - the closest basketball comparison to Leo Messi. Then he lost James because he was being a cheap ass, amnestying a player that James and others had taken a paycut so they could sign, didn't spend to replace him and lost the following year's finals.

So, you're saying he's already learnt his lesson and won't be doing so again at our expense.

Excellent.

• Like 1

I'm wondering it the apparent signing of Richards means we're not as close to being taken over as we think/hope. I still think something is being worked on just that it might take months rather than weeks. And so Sherwood has been told to press on.

I'm wondering it the apparent signing of Richards means we're not as close to being taken over as we think/hope. I still think something is being worked on just that it might take months rather than weeks. And so Sherwood has been told to press on.

Well, due diligence can drag on for months, so it would be unreasonable to expect all activities to be suspended for that duration.

Â