2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

It's only been just over a week since the 4-6wk non-disclosure, exclusivity period started.  It's a bit mental to start conspiracy theories because nothings been heard yet.

How do you know this? Where has it been confirmed that there is an exclusivity arrangement let along how long it is?

We have never really had a standout manager for spending money.....mainly due to not having any, to test them with.

Perhaps Ron Saunders ably assisted by Tony Barton was the closest to having so many players that actually turned out well.....but that was down to prudency/blending rather than unadulterated spending.

Yes can only think of one mistake Saunders made in the transfer market and that was Tommy Craig

But most of us thought it was a good signing back then. 

Yep,  my old man told Craig he would be Villa captain,  then he played rubbish.  Scored a cracker of a goal though

It's only been just over a week since the 4-6wk non-disclosure, exclusivity period started.  It's a bit mental to start conspiracy theories because nothings been heard yet.

How do you know this? Where has it been confirmed that there is an exclusivity arrangement let along how long it is?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33053539

The information was leaked out as opposed to an official statement so the exclusivity could have begun much earlier than that - maybe once we were made safe?

Exactly.  I think it's unlikely the club would confirm anything more concrete while the due diligence is going on.  If nothing more comes out by the end of the month I'll start to get worried it's not going to happen.  

As has been said before, there's been a couple of years to make sure the club is in good order for a sale so if a decent offer is there I'd expect it to progress pretty quickly.

We have never really had a standout manager for spending money.....mainly due to not having any, to test them with.

Perhaps Ron Saunders ably assisted by Tony Barton was the closest to having so many players that actually turned out well.....but that was down to prudency/blending rather than unadulterated spending.

Yes can only think of one mistake Saunders made in the transfer market and that was Tommy Craig

What about Alun Evans?

Given the fact that we are due to sign Richards, have made an offer to extend Benteke's deal, and appear to be actively pursuing new signings, I'd say the takeover is all but a formality at this point, and that the money being bandied about now is in fact not Randy's.

What about Alun Evans?

He was signed by Vic Crowe. 

• Like 3

Hugo Smyly @hugosmyly 12h12 hours ago

@AVFCTransTweet @TheHolteTweets 100% Randy. Current take over bid is all but over. #failedduediligence

Hugo Smyly @hugosmyly 10h10 hours ago

@TheHolteTweets @stevenwheldon93 it's a consortium from Hong Kong working with barings private equity Asia and has failed due dil

I just thought it was a strange thing to make up, if you're a Villa fan. And if true wouldn't give me confidence over the other bidders. It most probably is just balls though.

Â