• Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

This win made my day so much better. the Swedish team I supported lost in a cup derby earlier today so now the mood after that loss has been completely lifted. THANK YOU VILLA!!

Loads of talk on 5Live about chairs being ripped up. Was that Villa fans? If so, ban the **** lot of them.

Had a quick look at a baggies forum and they were saying it was their lot throwing them from height onto villa fans. Disgraceful if true, could have done some serious damage.

Nervy first half, could have been a few down but I'm not sure it was as clear cut as some are making out. Sherwood is certainly capable of giving a half time boost that's for sure. Second half was much better, called Delph's goal before he even got a touch and nearly threw my drink at the wall when it went in. Even my sha brother cheered. Sinclair looked lively all game and deserved his goal. N'zogbia seems like a totally different player, and one I actually enjoy watching to boot.

I can't imagine this will do our 'safe standing' idea much good.

Fantastic result, Sinclair excellent, Gabby good, Okore decent, N'Zogbia looked decent.

We need to keep that up, we definitely look much dangerous now.

Why didn't Lawro included Sinclair in his 3 for MOTM ? - The sooner he is dropped from punditry the better....

This, hate whenever lawro has to talk about villa, he hates us, the word removed

• Like 3

Watching this game from 3,400 miles away, I am mostly puzzled by the strong reaction against the pitch-invaders. I know I obviously don't appreciate why it's considered so terrible because it mostly seems like an amusing distraction to laugh off; I'm thinking there must be some dark history of such incidents in Britain, or there's a legal reason? The reaction is one of those moments where I realize I still have so much to learn about the game "over there."

Edited by Shifted To Neutral
  • Like 2

Can't blame the fans for getting too excited and to claim it ruined the day is complete crap.  Blame the club for having the game on at this time and not having enough stewards.  Anyway forget bout that and concentrate on what matters, fa cup semi final and we bossed that second half.  I thought the midfield were brilliant as were Sinclair and Zog.  Gabby looked dangerous and was involved a lot.  Given did well in goal also.  

Delph MOTM

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure that the fans thought it was the final whistle.....however, I dont think that excuses them. Will put the return of standing areas back 10 years. But, i will not let that affect just how proud and happy I'm feeling tonight!

Â