• Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

It was a poor show at the end but no way did it detract from the result.

We were woeful in the first half and was delighted to get to HT at 0-0. I hoped we couldn't be that bad again and we weren't! Much better second half and deserved victory  :D

Delph:

"My armband got nicked, someone got my left boot, but I could appreciate the relief the fans are feeling after a result like that.

"It was dangerous. Someone tried to take my boot off. People tried to kiss me and were biting me. It was scary."

Not great, tbh. Understand the enthusiasm, but trying to nick our players' boots? WTF? People need to get their shit together.

• Like 1

Jesus, with all the shit they have had to endure? These are our fans were talking about, this is the best thing to happen for them in ages.

Lighten up, I had to give my ticket away today...but I can't blaim them for running on with the whole day out.

It's not the fans running on at the end of match people are bothered by, it's complete idiots who did it whilst the game was still in play.

Yeah it was too early, as and could have put result in jeopardy.

But seriously, some of the comments here from a load of arm chairs passing judgement on our fans who can't hold in their passion. Makes me sick

Tbf as a club we have had **** all to celebrate for a long time now 

The late kick off combined with the derby day atmosphere and the prize at stake was always going to explode if we won

Can't make excuses for the moron's that ran on before the game was over though

• Like 2

But seriously, some of the comments here from a load of arm chairs passing judgement on our fans who can't hold in their passion. Makes me sick

I don't think it is unfair to say the fans who ran on the pitch before the end were acting like pricks. The 'better fan' argument doesn't wash.

Ultimately the late kick off, alcohol and the fact it was a local derby with a place at Wembley for the victors combined were probably the main reasons why it got out of control

Delph:

"My armband got nicked, someone got my left boot, but I could appreciate the relief the fans are feeling after a result like that.

"It was dangerous. Someone tried to take my boot off. People tried to kiss me and were biting me. It was scary."

Not great, tbh. Understand the enthusiasm, but trying to nick our players' boots? WTF? People need to get their shit together.

As they were pouring around him I felt really sorry as he had nowhere to go. He was practically forced into celebrating with them when i'm sure all he wanted to do was get down the tunnel.

• Like 2

very very poor reffing display.

Yes - even taking the two reds out - he was diabolical ref - what about when that shot bounced off a WBA player - yet he gave a goal kick ? - I was screaming at the TV for the first 30 minutes - Lawrenson was saying what a great game he was having - No he he wasn't he had a shocker from start to finish....

Me too.

I was leaning towards thinking that while it was absolutely unacceptable during the game (and I'd support bans for anyone who ran onto the pitch before the final whistle), it's fine after the game is over. But how terrified would you be as a player seeing thousands of fans (many drunk ones) charging towards you? We need to do a better job of stopping them. 

I don't think it is unfair to say the fans who ran on the pitch before the end were acting like pricks. The 'better fan' argument doesn't wash.

Ultimately the late kick off, alcohol and the fact it was a local derby with a place at Wembley for the victors combined were probably the main reasons why it got out of control

If they had been Liverpool fans it would have been 'the good old scousers'  - theyve stuck through the club through thick and thin.

that said I do worry about our club off the field - Ive been trying to get paver laid since September - 

Fans that went on before the final whistle: Tossers, the lot of them, hope they get big bans. For anyone that went up to, and abused, a West Brom player I hope a life ban and criminal action. **** disgraceful.

As for the performance, very poor first half but second half there was truly only one team in the game. Could've had 4, again, easily. Looking good under Sherwood so far!

• Like 2

Â