Pre-Match Thread

maqroll

That is such a side that someone who only watches MOTD and reads occasional newspaper articles would pick from our squad list. Gabby: he's fast. N'Zogbia: didn't he score them goals when he was at Wigan? Cleverley: he used to play for Man U.

Gabby and N'Zogbia will do nothing. Westwood and Cleverley are fine and tidy - so would be better with just one of them who can keep it ticking over - but won't do anything. Which basically gives us Delph and Benteke as our only two attacking players who might do anything at all.

The best we can hope for is 0-0 until 70 minutes. And then hope that two of Gil, Sinclair or Grealish come on, and then we can start playing properly. It's like we're deliberately handicapping ourselves to give the other team a chance...

I'm stunned.

• Like 2

We've given ourselves such a disadvantage immediately by starting Gabby and N'Zogbia. It's like theoretically starting with 9 men and we know that we have to have 11 players playing out of their skin to even score a goal, let alone win. Unless they've been on fire in training, which I imagine is highly unlikely, I would say this line up is actually incapable of winning this game. But, I dunno.... It's football, let's see what happens. 

Edited by nobler

That is such a side that someone who only watches MOTD and reads occasional newspaper articles would pick from our squad list. Gabby: he's fast. N'Zogbia: didn't he score them goals when he was at Wigan? Cleverley: he used to play for Man U.

Gabby and N'Zogbia will do nothing. Westwood and Cleverley are fine and tidy - so would be better with just one of them who can keep it ticking over - but won't do anything. Which basically gives us Delph and Benteke as our only two attacking players who might do anything at all.

The best we can hope for is 0-0 until 70 minutes. And then hope that two of Gil, Sinclair or Grealish come on, and then we can start playing properly. It's like we're deliberately handicapping ourselves to give the other team a chance...

I'm stunned.

Well dont watch then

Was about 30 seconds away from walking to the pub to watch the game when I saw that line up I thought whats the **** point.

Edited by Jimzk5

No Gil is disgusting. This is a very Lambert-esque line up. The thing is, this line up or one similar to the one we all want will both probably yield no goals and no points. Thats where im at right now. No confidence in Aston Villa football club full stop. But will of course continue to support and have hope...

Don't mind N'Zogbia starting but Gabby gets yet another chance!

As for the midfield 3 of Delph, Westwood and Cleverley - it hasn't worked very often before.

Let's hope Sherwood has got it right!

I dont mind Zoggy playing either and I actually think Cleverley has looked better under TS so maybe the midfield will work better, Gabby starting is debatable I must admit