Pre-Match Thread

maqroll

It's a shocker to be starting N'Zogbia over any of Gil, Sinclair or Weimann. I hope they prove me wrong, I really do but, I predict that our starting line-up tonight will not score a goal. If we net tonight, it'll be after changes have been made.

I was predicting a 1-0 defeat but I actually think it could be worse now.

We finally get an enjoyable player to watch, that actually looked like turning our final third woes upside down.. Carles Gil.. was nice knowing him anyway.

He played well and scored that belter against Bournemouth however I dont recall him doing much against Arsenal,Chelsea,Hull or Stoke if I'm honest

He was excellent against Chelsea. He set up our goal and gave their left back a real game.

Hes been playing in a conventional right midfielder role since which isn't his position. He needs to be starting closer to Benteke to have most effect, but obviously Sherwood sees something in N'Zogbia and Agbonlahor ahead of him.

My only desperate thought is that Zog hasn't played all season and we've been crap ...... and now he is playing so ....... it might not be crap ...... even though he evidently is crap !!!

Got to trust the gaffer has a plan here but boy if we lose this, he is going to become the new Lambert in popularity overnight !!!

Maybe thinks gil is a bit lightweight against a physical pulis side. I'm not defending or agreeing just an trying to justify

Definitely this ^^^^

Edited by Paul33

He played well and scored that belter against Bournemouth however I dont recall him doing much against Arsenal,Chelsea,Hull or Stoke if I'm honest

This can't be serious can it? He assisted the goal vs. Chelsea and was an all round nuisance. He was one of the few players to come out of the Arsenal game with any credit.

• Like 1