The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

He couldn't do much about the bug, and the lineup perhaps reflected that. But not to change things when the striker is missing so many chances? Seems odd to me.

At Palace he cost us with a change, today he cost us without a change. He needs to sort himself out and learn how to change the game. 

Other than that no real issues, just a shame he seems so stuck in his way. Kozak has great movement and would have made a big difference when Gestede is like a statue.

Sometimes you just have to be bold and take some initiative. Tim sadly doesn't do that, but hopefully he can learn.

We've been done again by a side making changes at half time, we're just not very adaptive/reactive are we? 

The first half performance was by and large very good, but Bacuna was the weak link, he didn't play too badly but the end product wasn't there. Gil came on and improved this, it's a change that should have been made earlier. Gestede was again absolutely woeful but was persisted with despite options on the bench such as Ayew and Kozak. 

We're still not good in enough to two crucial areas, defence and attack. Our defending was naive at times and we conceded an extremely soft goal. Clark really does have to be replaced as soon as possible as he is the chief architect of everything we do badly at the back. 

Up front we're desperately lacking in quality. The combined fees for Gestede and Ayew are starting to look like a bit of a waste and should have been used better. Frankly we have to bring in a quality forward by the deadline, whether that's on a permanent or loan basis. 

Whilst I haven't been to impressed with Ayew so far this season, and this is not a dig at Gestede, Sunderland's biggest flaw defensively is pace, I feel we played into their hands today with a big man up top.

While I understand not everyone agrees with team selection, tactics or decisions around changes.... I'm not entirely.... Sherwood isn't to blame for us not winning that game.

The players are responsible. 

We created enough to win it and we gifted them a goal through our woeful CB.

Yes there are things people can be critical of Sherwood for but the 11 players on the pitch are the ones I blame for that result.

• Like 2

Not Tim's fault. We created enough chances, just failed to convert. We need a goalscorer badly.

Kozak off the bench could have worked, Ayew with the movement and pace he has too. Sticking with Gestede for the full match was odd and could have cost us 3 points. For some reason he's a bit of a snob about Kozak.

No plan B, just like Lambert. I really have to question why he wont change things when its not working. They had Rudy all wrapped up today and it was clear from the get go, but just like Gabby last week he plays him for the full 90

• Like 2

we had created and were continuing to create more than enough chances, so i can see why he kept things as they were. yet again individual errors at the back costing us and our shooting is rubbish.

i would also like us to not have teams slamming in wonder goals, and goals where deflections take a shot going straight at Guzan past him into the net

No faith in him at all, he isn't learning from his mistakes.  When other teams make tactical changes he does nothing to counter it. Leaving subs on the bench, thats 3 times this season where a couple of subs could of helped us. Kept Kozak on the bench vs Utd and played the same system right to the very end even though we never looked like scoring. Left Gabby on vs Palace last week when he was poison and should of been subbed along with either Bacuna or Gestede, also the heat factor should of forced him to bring on fresh legs and today, Gestede should of been off today especially when Gil came on because he was constantly looking for the run in behind which Sinclair was great at and Gil found him time after time while Gestede did his best impression of a donkey with a bad leg.  Kozak came on the other night and had an impact so why would you not try the same thing again? It doesnt add up.

I was hopeful when Wilkins came in that he would help Sherwood add a different dimension and he still might but in truth Wilkins last role in English football was in relegating Fulham so not much to hope for. 

Edited by Bunnski

Yeh he's extremely limited at the moment.

Good motivator clearly. He can unleash the shackles of certain players.

But he has no game management. I would guess he is already regretting spending 10m on Ayew. He didn't rate Sinclair so bought Ayew. Sinclair has told him "im not having that" And good on him.

16m for Ayew and Gestede when we could have got a goal scorer is proving to be a huge mistake.

He's got a lot to learn. I fear too much to steer us away from another relegation battle

• Like 1

But he has no game management. I would guess he is already regretting spending 10m on Ayew. He didn't rate Sinclair so bought Ayew. Sinclair has told him "im not having that" And good on him.

16m for Ayew and Gestede when we could have got a goal scorer is proving to be a huge mistake.

He's got a lot to learn. I fear too much to steer us away from another relegation battle

They are both goal scorers. There is absolutely no way of telling how a player will adapt to a league or a team, it's also too early to be writing players off.

I am I right in thinking that Sherwood is not solely in charge when it comes to transfers?

Bacuna over Gil is the kind of negative selection I didn't think was his style. Apart from that, not much more he could do. Our best attacking players aren't fit and yet we've still probably done enough to have won it.

I am sorry but that was pathetic by Tim. Thats two weeks now he has sat back and watched a manager out think him.

What is worse was the negative side he picked from the start. I was fuming seeing that line up. At home to the worst team in the division and we play with what is basically two attackers.

Again.. just like the Palace game... the opposition manager makes changes and gets results.. and Sherwood didnt. Was watching the game with a few mates who dont know our side well.. and both were screaming for 'Clown' to get off the park. Gestede was poor and should have been taken off 60th minute. Kozak would have played alot better. Even bring on Ayew for Westwood.. we had Gana and Sanchez running that midfield. Disappointed as i thought he was a bit more of an attacking manager than Lambert. Think hes cost us the last two games personally.

Needs to be smarter with his team selections/tactics. Worrying.

• Like 1

Â