The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I'm slightly concerned that we are relying on 2 19 year old lads to win us games.

I'm not. If they are old enough, they are good enough. Rather that than N'Zogbia!

They're easily good enough. My point is more that we haven't really got any other players that could be the difference between winning and losing.

I do get a bit worried about his tactics. Sometimes things need a change just like Sunderland did today. I do get sick of playing like shit at home though.

Edited by Daniel

I do get a bit worried about his tactics. Sometimes things need a change just like Sunderland did today. I do get sick of playing like shit at home though.

Did we play like shit though? The result was shit for sure but the performance wasn't, we could have and should have won comfortably.

• Like 1

Bacuna should have been off sooner, we lacked pace at times. Would have brought Vertout on for the last 10 also.

Worry for me is twofold:

Sherwood is not flexible enough in his adaptation to opposition changes

Despite buying technical adept players we are playing a high tempo kick and rush type of game. If the players do not suit the tactics then change them! Gana is going to run out of steam after 6 games, Ayew and Vertout appear to have already

Did not react to those two sunderland subs at half time, I'd have personally switched to a diamond as suddenly Defoe and Tovionen were dropping between midfield and defence and picking up the ball.

It was only a 10 minute spell but it meant we dropped two points.

He was right not to make additional changes in my opinion. We were well on top and should have won the game.

It was a good performance overall.

I disagree, it was obvious that Sinclair was tired and Gestede never looked like he'd score.

• Like 1

Bacuna should have been off sooner, we lacked pace at times. Would have brought Vertout on for the last 10 also.

Worry for me is twofold:

Sherwood is not flexible enough in his adaptation to opposition changes

Despite buying technical adept players we are playing a high tempo kick and rush type of game. If the players do not suit the tactics then change them! Gana is going to run out of steam after 6 games, Ayew and Vertout appear to have already

We had 62% possession and 21 attempts at goal.

"Kick and rush".  Bloody hell.

Did we play like shit though? The result was shit for sure but the performance wasn't, we could have and should have won comfortably.

Yeah, should have won and could have won if he made changes. They made changes and it paid off for them.

Yeah, should have won and could have won if he made changes. They made changes and it paid off for them.

What changes what have guarenteed us the win then? We made more than enough chances to win, but the players themselves didnt take them.

• Like 1

He was right not to make additional changes in my opinion. We were well on top and should have won the game.

It was a good performance overall.

I think it was a good game overall, but feel we should have changed it up the last ten minutes. I would have give Cole a run over Sinclair, who looked tired. 

I think Cole would have lasted 10 minutes. :)

We had 3 defensive midfielders on the park and a player who has only really played at fullback under this manager.

That is why we didn't create real clear-cut chances from midfield.

Midfield players today were starting from too deep, most of the time, to properly support the forward.

The few times the midfield did get close to Gestede, the shots he set-up for them, looked like they had been studying at the Gabby Agbonlahor shooting school for strikers.

Again our most effective striker was left-winger Scott Sinclair and that was because of his movement, which nobody on the pitch was able to read.

We would have done better, in an attacking sense, with Sanchez as the lone DM, Gueye as the box-to-box player, Cole as the attacking player and Gil and Sinclair as the wide midfielders.

With his clever movement and ability to be in the right place at the right time, I think Kozak would have been the better choice as striker.

We will be absolutely fine this season. As Sherwood pointed out this time last season we had 11 points and look where we ended up. There is a lot of game and still creative players to return or get used to the league. A few more additions would be good but so far I'm happy with how the season is going.

Edit: let me add considering we've lost our 2 best players we still look a much better team than last season .

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

Â