The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Same as most others, I'm mostly positive but I do have this nagging feeling that while we have some good players now, they're just a bit too complacent to be effective.

Perhaps if you shackle them too much you kill the creativity. I'm not a manager so I don't know.

Main problem for me today is the lack of action until too late. The same thing happens every match. Everyone could see that Bacuna wasn't playing well and needed taking off in favour of either Gil for a like for like swap, or another CF such as Kozak to switch to 4-4-2.

This needed to happen at half time. It was plainly obvious that Sherwood was waiting until 68 minutes to make the switch. Straight out of the Martin O'Neill handbook and probably passed down to Sherwood from Harry. I suppose the old thinking is that giving a player 20 mins at the end of the game gives the most impact with fresh against tired legs rather than at half time where everyone is coming back out fresh.

But in the modern game, 20 minutes isn't enough to have any kind of impact. MON and Lambert both did it. I thought Sherwood was a bit more progressive.

Im still awaiting that game Sherwood actually makes a sub before 60 minutes. He has mugged it a few times because he hasn't made the change quick enough. For me he should have changed 2 today for the most positive impact.

Same as most others, I'm mostly positive but I do have this nagging feeling that while we have some good players now, they're just a bit too complacent to be effective.

Perhaps if you shackle them too much you kill the creativity. I'm not a manager so I don't know.

Main problem for me today is the lack of action until too late. The same thing happens every match. Everyone could see that Bacuna wasn't playing well and needed taking off in favour of either Gil for a like for like swap, or another CF such as Kozak to switch to 4-4-2.

This needed to happen at half time. It was plainly obvious that Sherwood was waiting until 68 minutes to make the switch. Straight out of the Martin O'Neill handbook and probably passed down to Sherwood from Harry. I suppose the old thinking is that giving a player 20 mins at the end of the game gives the most impact with fresh against tired legs rather than at half time where everyone is coming back out fresh.

But in the modern game, 20 minutes isn't enough to have any kind of impact. MON and Lambert both did it. I thought Sherwood was a bit more progressive.

Adama says Hi!

• Like 1

One thing I like about him is the feeling that you can so clearly sense what this job means to him and how much he wants to do well. I think most of the time he's distraught when we've lost and he really feels the pain. Now I know all managers want their team to do well but I just like that you can really see his passion and his enthusiasm. I get the feeling he's doing his absolute 100% best and working overtime for this football club to do it's best.

• Like 1

Very happy with how he had us playing again today, good follow up to Tuesdays display. Good positive football, enjoyable, steely performance.

The only down side was the one or two individuals at the game who see every mistake as unforgivable and every missed chance as a disgrace.

Sometimes wonder how many you'd have to score for those people, do they expect sides to score 5 or 6 a game ?

No interest in the sub's debate, everyone has different views, and the most common complaint in football is " why didn't so and so come on" , basically because the guy who isn't playing is always more appealing than the guy who is.

As long as he keeps us playing like this it will be both enjoyable and comfortable season.

• Like 2

I'm starting to lose patience with his team selection. More often than not, it's wrong.

And not 'in my opinion' wrong.

It's just wrong.

No, you are wrong, it IS just your opinion.

And that's not just my opinion, you ARE wrong.

Lol

Thought we were good value for a win, much much better than Sunderland who deserved nil points.

My only gripe would be the obvious one, not changing gesteke for kosak...seemed so simple as Rudy was pulling nothing out the bag.

Unluck not to win, conceding soft goals and not burying that one that was bouncing around in there box and needed the slightest of touch to pop in. This could easily have been a rout with a couple more of our best players available for selection.

For me, Tim looks like he's still working out the best 11 and is reluctant to make a change on something he's "trying" ATM. Could explain Gabby, one week full 90 mins and now replaced...let's see what he does next. I feel much better about us than even at this stage last season.

Thought we were good value for a win, much much better than Sunderland who deserved nil points.

My only gripe would be the obvious one, not changing gesteke for kosak...seemed so simple as Rudy was pulling nothing out the bag.

Unluck not to win, conceding soft goals and not burying that one that was bouncing around in there box and needed the slightest of touch to pop in. This could easily have been a rout with a couple more of our best players available for selection.

For me, Tim looks like he's still working out the best 11 and is reluctant to make a change on something he's "trying" ATM. Could explain Gabby, one week full 90 mins and now replaced...let's see what he does next. I feel much better about us than even at this stage last season.

It's KOJAK! Why can you people not get his bloody name right??

gesteke agrees.

One thing I like about him is the feeling that you can so clearly sense what this job means to him and how much he wants to do well. I think most of the time he's distraught when we've lost and he really feels the pain. Now I know all managers want their team to do well but I just like that you can really see his passion and his enthusiasm. I get the feeling he's doing his absolute 100% best and working overtime for this football club to do it's best.

Give me the job, I'll be shit, but I will have Sherwoods passion. 

I prefer kosak, he holds the ball up better.

• Like 1

I prefer kosak, he holds the ball up better.

Niether are getting game time anyway.

Â