The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

The man's a genius.

My genius criteria is somewhat more stringent. Yes, he did a fantastic job getting a team of players who should've been playing better to play better. We finished in 17th place, losing three on the trot, all in an ugly fashion. He hasn't bought any new players, and hasn't managed the club for more than four months. He's made some baffling team selections and tactical decisions that even his most ardent admirers must have some misgivings about.

I like Sherwood, and I think he has earned the right to continue on as manager. I'm just not convinced he's a genius, or miracle worker or any of those lofty descriptions. Not yet, anyway.

My thoughts in a nutshell.

• Like 1

He was brought in to save us from the drop with little time left and another managers squad albeit bought with funding limitations so lets be fair allround.

I don't know whether Tim Sherwood will be right in the long term but until I see his preferred squad I will reserve my judgment.

It is helpful to listen to coherent comments of reaction to our  football matches, which is at least something.

I think he is restricted in changing things as some have mentioned in fear of gaining something and also at the same time losing something on the pitch....I think too many of our players are limited, good at somethings and not at others....we need players more rounded.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

It would be slightly harsh to sack Sherwood now as he played his part in keeping us in the division, but if it were to happen I'd understand the club's reasoning.

A lot of people have expressed similar fears but what exactly are they basing this on?

On his outspoken preference for British players.

Doesn't mean he'll adopt the same lazy transfer policy as O'Neill.

It would be slightly harsh to sack Sherwood now as he played his part in keeping us in the division, but if it were to happen I'd understand the club's reasoning.

That would be one massive **** understatement.

Edited by Mantis

What reasoning? I doubt its something they've contemplated once so any reasoning is made up by yourself.

• Like 2

What reasoning? I doubt its something they've contemplated once so any reasoning is made up by yourself.

Yes I agree with that about the reasoning, after I read it back to myself.

What I meant is I could understand if the club decided to try someone else with more experience of building a team, knowing how much repair needs be done to the squad going into next season, also the last three games won't have helped either. It's something that will have crossed Fox's mind and certainly something that will cross the mind of anybody paying a huge amount of money for the club.

No one said he's going to be sacked and like I said it would be harsh to do so. But if there's a chance to bring in better then just do it for the sake of Aston Villa.

If sherwood got the sack now...it would have as much impact on the football richter scale as Sepp Blatter resigning...well slight exaggeration.

He has been with us a "wet day"...he has only just found out where the toilets are....give him a break.

I would suspect if you could have a penny for his thoughts on the players it would be "X" rated.

I would find difficulty working with this squad mainly due to the mix and the mentality

ps however i would love to know his real thoughts on the last 3 games.

Edited by TRO

im backing tim,

HOPE...i took heart when i heard tim locked the "team" in dressing room for 30mins, we heard he told a number of the players to their faces they wont play for aston villa AGAIN & have no future in the club & to find another club.

if we are 1 point less next year ..were relegated, who ever tim brings into our club i trust his judgement ..ffs they carnt be any worse then the wasters on show.

Any rumours on who these players might be?

im backing tim,

HOPE...i took heart when i heard tim locked the "team" in dressing room for 30mins, we heard he told a number of the players to their faces they wont play for aston villa AGAIN & have no future in the club & to find another club.

if we are 1 point less next year ..were relegated, who ever tim brings into our club i trust his judgement ..ffs they carnt be any worse then the wasters on show.

Did he actually do that? After the Final?

Now you are being silly.

We've just lost the last three games in devastating fashion. There's talk of Benteke being sold and the money being re-invested into the team. I think I'd have to hold my hands up and forgive the club for deciding that Sherwood's not the man for that job, given his lack of experience of building a team/squad.

im backing tim,

Did he actually do that? After the Final?

yes

Well, it seems like a bit of direct talking is coming back in to the club.

I would keep very few.... in the ideal world.

its the lack of character/belief that troubles me.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Â