The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Brilliant.

From the messiah to 'should be sacked', not the first villa manager to be outclassed by arsenal and won't be the last either.

Who's calling for him to be sacked?

Why are people getting outraged about things that aren't happening?

• Like 3

Sherwood has earned his chance with us IMO. 

We were dead and buried until he took the job and his impact on the team has been undeniably positive.

However, we are talking about a very inexperienced manager who has never had to buy/sell players before. He's never had to build a team and he is on a very limited budget this time round. I am also wondering how quickly his motivational informal style will wear off - It wouldn't surprise me to see him gone by Christmas - if we're not clicking. History has shown that the Villa job ruins careers. I can't think of the last manager to leave us and go onto bigger and better things. I fear Sherwood is doomed to the same fate. 

That makes me extremely nervous. 

• Like 1

Perhaps we need to combine Randy's love of the free scarf gimmick with our desire to share our collective tactical wisdom with Tim.

First game of next season, a scarf on each seat.

Hold up the claret side - add a defender NOW Tim!

Hold up the blue side - add a striker NOW Tim!

Twirl scarf round n round above head - lobbing a gentle high ball in to their box once every 10 or 15 minutes in the hope Tekkers is unmarked isn't working, try something else.

No scarves to be seen - pfff **** knows how you move this lot forward, I'll wait until the end and suggest whatever you didn't try

• Like 1

I wonder, If Leicester, Liverpool or WBA had knocked us out, would this bizarre level of criticism be taking place?

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

TS has earned his stripes so far-Lets wait 12 months, see where we finish after he has had the opportunity to bring some of his own players in.

Sherwood has earned his chance with us IMO. 

We were dead and buried until he took the job and his impact on the team has been undeniably positive.

However, we are talking about a very inexperienced manager who has never had to buy/sell players before. He's never had to build a team and he is on a very limited budget this time round. I am also wondering how quickly his motivational informal style will wear off - It wouldn't surprise me to see him gone by Christmas - if we're not clicking. History has shown that the Villa job ruins careers. I can't think of the last manager to leave us and go onto bigger and better things. I fear Sherwood is doomed to the same fate. 

That makes me extremely nervous. 

Great post, exactly as I see it. Measure Sherwood v Pullis, Pardew, and even Dick Advocat, It doesn't look great. The defence seems to be getting worse, We survived due to Benteke's goals and the early season where we quickly grabbed 10 points. Take one or even both of those away, we sink without trace.

Really wish we had a DOF who could see this.

I wonder, If Leicester, Liverpool or WBA had knocked us out, would this bizarre level of criticism be taking place?

TS has earned his stripes so far-Lets wait 12 months, see where we finish after he has had the opportunity to bring some of his own players in.

What is this bizarre level of criticism? Can you show me some examples please?

All I've seen is people rightly questioning his tactics and team selection over the past few games which have seen us hammered 6-1 and not compete in an F.A Cup final. Nobody is blaming it solely on him and anyone suggesting he should be sacked has lost the plot IMO.

He has done a cracking job so far and I look forward to seeing what he can do with a pre-season and a sqaud he has put his stamp on but that still doesn't make him immune from critiquing his recent performances or the teams.

• Like 3

I hope he does well naturally and the players seem behind him and positive , but at least now with Randy either selling or taking a complete step back I feel confident if it's not working he won't last as long as Lambert 

Even if someone thinks he should be sacked, what does it matter? They're just expressing their opinion it's not going to have any affect on what actually happens at the club.

• Like 1

Just have a read of th

All I've seen is people rightly questioning his tactics and team selection over the past few games which have seen us hammered 6-1 and not compete in an F.A Cup final. Nobody is blaming it solely on him and anyone suggesting he should be sacked has lost the plot IMO.

He has done a cracking job so far and I look forward to seeing what he can do with a pre-season and a sqaud he has put his stamp on but that still doesn't make him immune from critiquing his recent performances or the teams.

Just have a read of the last few pages, since Saturday night-It is there for even the most challenged to read.

His team selection was not to be questioned, so there is an example of bizarre criticism for a start-Some would start Given, some Guzan. Some would start Gabby, some would start N'Zog. Some would start Bacuna, some would start Hutton, Some would start Cissocho some would start Richardson. Not everyone will pick the same side and there was no right or wrong side to pick. Nobody is in a position to criticise team selection.

Tactics have worked up until recently. The real choices were whether to play 2 up front or 2 number 10's or whether to play with men behind the ball or whether to play as we have done since Feb. I didn't see many urging us to park the bus before the game.

The FA cup was a bonus this season. People have the right to post opinions but the criticism is way over the top.

Even if someone thinks he should be sacked, what does it matter? They're just expressing their opinion it's not going to have any affect on what actually happens at the club.

I agree-As an added bonus, it also informs us that the person expressing the opinion should not be taken seriously in future.

Opinions are fine, we would all pick a different side and play different formations. I would have started with Guzan and possibly Bacuna on Saturday-That doesn't mean I should criticise Sherwood for not doing so-Therein lies the difference.

Just have a read of th

Just have a read of the last few pages, since Saturday night-It is there for even the most challenged to read.

His team selection was not to be questioned, so there is an example of bizarre criticism for a start-Some would start Given, some Guzan. Some would start Gabby, some would start N'Zog. Some would start Bacuna, some would start Hutton, Some would start Cissocho some would start Richardson. Not everyone will pick the same side and there was no right or wrong side to pick. Nobody is in a position to criticise team selection.

Tactics have worked up until recently. The real choices were whether to play 2 up front or 2 number 10's or whether to play with men behind the ball or whether to play as we have done since Feb. I didn't see many urging us to park the bus before the game.

The FA cup was a bonus this season. People have the right to post opinions but the criticism is way over the top.

Couldn't disagree with this any more than I already do.

If we aren't in a position to question team selection and tactics then we should close the thread and forum down, even though in your last line you say people have the right to post opinions, so which is it?

Also, The F.A Cup is not and never will be just a bonus!

Edited by sexbelowsound

Criticism for being totally humiliated in an FA cup final after one of the worst performances I've ever seen by us is over the top?

Nonsense.

Thousands of villa fans paid hundreds and thousands of pounds to watch that. They're entitled to their opinion without you labelling t as bizarre.

So small time and a losers mentality to view it as a bonus and that we should just be happy to be there. Hate it.

I don't care how much people paid-Nobody forced them to. I myself paid £1400 for me & my son to go.

I said the criticism was bizarre  not over the top (although I agree that it is over the top)

And I am also entitled to my opinion in case you'd forgotten.

Your opinion is that other people's opinions are bizarre and over the top (you did say that)

As SBS said, if people can't have opinions may as well shut the forum down.

Sherwood got it wrong the last 3 weeks. Not even seeing how he could be criticised for that is bizarre to me.

Also calling the FA cup a bonus is so small time it hurts. May as well have not turned up then.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 2

Just have a read of th

Couldn't disagree with this any more than I already do.

If we aren't in a position to question team selection and tactics then we should close the thread and forum down even though in your last line you say people have the right to post opinions, so which is it?

Also, The F.A Cup is not and never will be just a bonus!

There is a difference between posting an opinion and the level of criticism

It didn't matter what team we selected on Saturday or what formation we played-We would still have been comfortably beaten by a much better side so yes, criticising is extremely bizarre

This season, the cup run was definitely a bonus-The real cup finals were the league games. Obviously, once we got there we went there to win but lets keep it real here-Lets not pretend that if Sherwood had done something different, the result would have been any different.

Sometimes you have to accept you were beaten by a much better side. Yes, it is disappointing how we played but the harsh reality is that we are light years away from Arsenal

Your opinion is that other people's opinions are bizarre and over the top (you did say that)

As SBS said, if people can't have opinions may as well shut the forum down.

Sherwood got it wrong the last 3 weeks. Not even seeing how he could be criticised for that is bizarre to me.

Also calling the FA cup a bonus is so small time it hurts. May as well have not turned up then.

How did he get it wrong on Saturday? What masterstroke would you have pulled to win us that cup, that Sherwood failed to see?

This.

People are upset at being humiliated in a cup final.

The manager is in charge so he gets some criticism.

If we had Jose Mourinho or Brian Clough reincarnated in charge of the team then they would get criticism after that shambles.

Pathetically small time mindset.

Bradford are miles away from Chelsea. Even more than we are from arsenal.

As loads have said, it isn't that we lost, it's that we didn't even compete. That was pathetic and humiliating. But nah, we weren't even expected to compete. Just turn up and lose.

Absolute nonsense.

Â