The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

In the last three games, Sherwood has failed to get inside of the players heads and his tactics have been shown to be naive at best, on top of that he has demonstrated an inability to make positive changes at key times during matches, often leaving substitutions either too late, or simply tactically baffling when they are made.

IMO we're **** next season, especially if Benteke leaves.  

His tactics against Southampton caused this. We've always been a fragile team mentally but the players had grown in confidence before then. That result sent them back to the days before he took over and they just couldn't get through that yesterday.

• Like 2

Why do the same people only focus on the few bad performances at the end?

What about the brilliant performances that secured our safety and got us to the final?

Same people who didn't like Tim Sherwood before he became manager and don't like him much now.

• Like 2

3 months ago we looked crap, certain for the drop which would mean no takeover. We couldn't score any goals and were the laughing stock of the league.

yep look at us now. We look certain for the drop next season, comments from the club the last two weeks suggest no takeover is imminent anyway, we've scored one goal in the last 3 games and didn't even look like scoring in them and after the performance yesterday we are the laughing stock in the league!

Yep.

Meet the new guy, same as the old guy. Last three games especially.

Glad you've decided to give Tim a chance mate.

• Like 2

Why do the same people only focus on the few bad performances at the end?

What about the brilliant performances that secured our safety and got us to the final?

Same people who didn't like Tim Sherwood before he became manager and don't like him much now.

Because our 'brilliant performances' were then easily worked out by future opposition and we visibly had no plan b on the pitch.

We are easy to defend against and much worse, easy to score against.

As for liking/not liking TS - isn't this the same arguement about every manager (just thinking back to Lambert, Mcleish, Houllier etc)

Personally I think TS has come in and dragged us to safety, which was an achievement - however I am not completely sold on him in regards to our future.

Does this make me a Sherwood hater and you a Sherwood apologist? (i've a distinct sense of deja vu going on!!)

• Like 3

I'm just curious as to what people expected when Lambert was sacked? How much of an improvement did people think was going to happen at that point. We were crying out for safety, we did that. We wanted to score more goals, we did that. We wanted to play better football, on the whole we did that. And then we had the bonus on the fa cup run, yesterday was abysmal but I loved beating leicester, west brom and Liverpool.

Now we should expect improvement next year and if he fails to deliver that then he should be judged accordingly. But I just dont get the negativity towards him after saving us with someone else's team.

• Like 4

I'm just curious as to what people expected when Lambert was sacked? How much of an improvement did people think was going to happen at that point. We were crying out for safety, we did that. We wanted to score more goals, we did that. We wanted to play better football, on the whole we did that. And then we had the bonus on the fa cup run, yesterday was abysmal but I loved beating leicester, west brom and Liverpool.

Now we should expect improvement next year and if he fails to deliver that then he should be judged accordingly. But I just dont get the negativity towards him after saving us with someone else's team.

I agree with a lot of that to be fair - as for the negativity, fans are rightly cautious - not just about Sherwood but the playing staff and club hierachy. There's no magic wand to fix our problems.

People aren't being negative to him though on a personal level. They are being negative about certain aspects of the job that he has done.

I'm a big fan of TS. I hope he stays and is given funds to build the team in his vision but I have no issue with people critiquing the level of performance over recent weeks. Its been poor.

• Like 2

People aren't being negative to him though on a personal level. They are being negative about certain aspects of the job that he has done.

I'm a big fan of TS. I hope he stays and is given funds to build the team in his vision but I have no issue with people critiquing the level of performance over recent weeks. Its been poor.

I didn't say personal level, I don't know why they're negative to the job he's done. Like I said, what did you expect for the rest of the season when Lambert was sacked?

You may not be negative to him, but it looks to me like all hope is gone for some loud ones here. I know it's frustration for the last few results, so I hope we'll see light at the end of the tunnel again soon. Edited by AVTuco

I didn't say personal level, I don't know why they're negative to the job he's done. Like I said, what did you expect for the rest of the season when Lambert was sacked?

Well I thought you implied it was on a personal level because I don't understand why you have such an issue with people critiquing his tactics in the TS thread.

On the second question, I've already said i'm happy with the job he has done so far so I'm assuming that question was thrown our there to the rest of the forum?

Edited by sexbelowsound

You may not be negative to him, but it looks to me like all hope is gone for some loud ones here. I know it's frustration for the last few results, so I hope we'll see light at the end of the tunnel again soon.

I'm pretty sure, as you said, Its frustration from most people. Yesterday was devastating and not just a bonus game like some are calling it though.

Edited by sexbelowsound

Wrong tactics

wrong team selection

and possibly wrong subs but its possible some where forced because of injury

but hes a new manager and will hopefully learn and hopefully loses abit of hes stubbornness

Are they capable of producing better? Or did they just have their honeymoon period under TS?  I mean this group of players have lost five in a row and did not score once, they had a poor scoring rate and winning record prior to Sherwood's arrival. These last three games are more like what these players are capable of, they have proven to be losers time and again. However, TS has earned the right to be given a chance for next season but I fear it is going to be very tough for him. 

Well I thought you implied it was on a personal level because I don't understand why you have such an issue with people critiquing his tactics in the TS thread.

On the second question, I've already said i'm happy with the job he has done so far so I'm assuming that question was thrown our their to the rest of the forum?

Yes i'm asking those that want him gone or think he's going to be bad for us. I'd love to know what they thought would happen once Lambert got sacked.

Lets be realistic, Arsenal yesterday would have beaten any team, there is a reason they are up the top end of the league, With this squad we are a lower half team and it showed, TS can be blamed for alot of things but not all of it, we went back to PL days yesterday with players stationary, poor passing, not tracking runners, poor marking, dropped heads, this has been the story of the last four years. He tried to change it and to a point succeeded but the Southampton result sent us back again.It is as he said an inbuilt mentality in some of the players and yes I would agree they are losers. We should have been running through walls yesterday to get a result but the players just accepted their fate. Bar one or two players yesterday they should hold their head in shame, Some of these players may never get to Wembley again.

TS is right and we need a clear out and new personnel bringing in to eliminate this thinking, As good as CB is we only have him up front and are very predictable and easy to work out tactics against, we have no plan B and with the personnel we have available this will not change. I am fully behind TS and hopefully so is RL and TF. 

• Like 2

Â