The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Stan Collymores comments however well intended, will be viewed ( in some quarters)much like Howard Hodgsons comments of the past.

"They have banned me ,so I'm going to have a bitch"

Its catch 22

If you are in privileged quarters and bitch about how the club is run ..... you will be ousted/banned.

Its tantamount to corporate bribery.

Edited by TRO

I admit I'm biased, as an American to want to see Bradley succeed in England, and if it's with Villa, all the more so!

It would represent a roll of the dice though.

I'd feel better about Moyes if he wasn't on such a massive losing streak. It's a big concern.

• Like 2

"He's the man, the boss with a capital ‘B’, and something that we've never seen in Norwegian football. He's the best coach that's ever been here. His awareness, his presence on the pitch is just amazing."

- Inge Andre Olsen, Stabaek sporting director

Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/fourfourtwos-50-best-football-managers-world-2015-25-21#QF5wu3Wk2vh2ybqb.99

OGS did alright there too didn't he...

Yes , he funked awesome ! 

Cheeky bid for SAF.

even if he had the will and the energy.....he wouldn't be given the time.

........................its David Blane we need

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

I couldn't care less what a manager's personality is like. If he's focused and driven to win, that should be much more of a priority.

I agree. It'd be nice to have a real livewire who knows how to win games, but to find someone like that we'd have to raid the Champions' League clubs or find someone that 90% of fans would say was too risky. It would have been better if Time had turned out to be that manager, but oh well.

I prefer Bruce Arena over Bob Bradley but I wouldnt want either in charge of Villa at moment

I'd prefer Bruce Forsyth myself would love to see him do one of these on the touchline

bruceForsythe_jpg_2692534b.jpg

Edited by AshVilla

For some reason, I don't think Bradley would be a bad choice.

I genuinely don't know why i think that. I shouldn't. He's everything I said I didn't want in a manager in terms of experience.

Gut feel I guess.

• Like 2

well there does seem to be a fair few football pundits coming out and supporting Tim Sherwood.

I wonder if its the AMOUNT of failed football managers we have had, that are drawing attention to the "poisoned chalice"

I genuinely don't know why i think that. I shouldn't. He's everything I said I didn't want in a manager in terms of experience.

Gut feel I guess.

Weirdly, I feel the same way but not sure why. 

Gut feel I guess.

Weirdly, I feel the same way but not sure why. 

HE comes across as a safe pair of hands while also a bit of an unknown

He has been linked with job nearly everytime since MON left which is why im sceptical

I prefer Bruce Arena over Bob Bradley but I wouldnt want either in charge of Villa at moment

I'd prefer Bruce Forsyth myself would love to see him do one of these on the touchline

bruceForsythe_jpg_2692534b.jpg

He won't come to Villa. How's he supposed to say 'Good game, good game'?

• Like 1

Again, everyone is aware that this club has problems above and beyond Tim Sherwood.

But Tim Sherwood IS a problem. And he's the biggest problem we can actually change.

Ignoring that problem because it isn't the biggest one is waving a white flag.

I understand your logic, but thats what we keep doing and it is taking us nowhere.

How can anyone be sure, that if the other problems are removed, Tim Sherwood might not be one.

How many managers do we crash and burn?..... we are getting through them like kamikaze pilots.

• Like 1

Â