The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Can't knock him too much so far.

Largely good performances, with differing styles which is a rarity! Tactical switches which work and look like they change our play. Lovely stuff. He wants it as well, he really wants it.

But I'm sorry, his subs have not been good enough.

Subs remains a weak point.

Garbage Tim.

Proper garbage.

The attitude all wrong today, GD could be vital and we're there dicking around kicking the ball the wrong way from a drop ball. Class.

He's being stubborn over Gil, and in playing players who literally can't control the ball like Weimann ahead of him, Tim is making himself look every bit the clown Spurs fans still assure us he is.

It'll all suddenly become much more real if we're below QPR come Tuesday night.

• Like 2

His formation and tactics were less worrying than our effort.

As I count it, we managed 1 corner and 1 free kick in a goal scoring position. That resulted in a goal and what should have been a goal.

ManUre's defense is still fairly ordinary - but we never put them under pressure, being content to sit back and give them time and space. Poor.

Have to say i was a bit bemused with Sherwood's substitutions yesterday, bringing Baker on for the Zog being the most baffling.

it wasn't that baffling. It was an attacking sub to replace N'Zogbia. Baker went in at leftback, Lowton switched to rightback and then Bacuna moved forward into Zog's place.

I didn't see the game but if the effort wasn't there as some report, then I wonder if it might just be that the players minds are already on Tuesday game. I think that was one of the downsides to the QPR game being moved to this week, maybe it played into Sherwood's team selection and substitutions as well.

• Like 1

I didn't see the game but if the effort wasn't there as some report, then I wonder if it might just be that the players minds are already on Tuesday game. I think that was one of the downsides to the QPR game being moved to this week, maybe it played into Sherwood's team selection and substitutions as well.

Didn't seem to bother the QPR players thou

Have to say i was a bit bemused with Sherwood's substitutions yesterday, bringing Baker on for the Zog being the most baffling.

it wasn't that baffling. It was an attacking sub to replace N'Zogbia. Baker went in at leftback, Lowton switched to rightback and then Bacuna moved forward into Zog's place.

Yeah, once the players took positions it made perfect sense

Subs weren't an issue yesterday. The decision not to attack for ~80 minutes was.

I'm not so sure that was a decision made. I think a lot of it was that they were just much better than us. How many times did gabby, benteke, weimman and nzogbia fail to hold on to the ball? That pretty much killed off the ability to build an attack.

It was a poor performance against a very good team.

• Like 1

Did anyone here Sherwood during the second half shout "If we're going to press the game you need to push forward". Whilst i'm not going to say Sherwood isn't tactically naive at times I do think our tendencies to sit back are probably still a hangover from the Lambert era.

Post match interview wasn't as interesting as previous, kinda sounded in denial already. I do think him and the players gave Man U far to much respect, wasn't like a Sherwood managed performance to me.

Im pissed he doesn't play Gil (have you noticed), but if we lose against QPR with questionable tactics and graft, It will be hard not to start believing sceptics.

His formation and tactics were less worrying than our effort.

As I count it, we managed 1 corner and 1 free kick in a goal scoring position. That resulted in a goal and what should have been a goal.

ManUre's defense is still fairly ordinary - but we never put them under pressure, being content to sit back and give them time and space. Poor.

Surely that's any Man. United game in the last 15 years. Whoever the manager and group of players are, as a club we just have a major psychological problem when playing them.

I am not concerned about yesterdays game. We were playing the most in form team in the league who were desperate for the three points. It would have been a tough game for anyone. Even with very good sides we have almost always struggled at Old Trafford.

It is all about Tuesday night now. In the two other crucial games against sides near the bottom under Sherwood so far we have come out on top. On paper for me I have believed all season we have a better team than all the other sides competing in the bottom third of the table. It has been a failing of the manager that has meant that hasn't been reflected in results and in the league table.

I expect us to go all out for the win on Tuesday and would hope for a similar first half display to what we saw agaisnt West Brom in the home league game. I know under Sherwood in these games we won't be negative or play with caution and given that I believe we have a better team than QPR I fully expect that forward thinking attacking approach will be enough to see us get the three points.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

I am not concerned about yesterdays game. We were playing the most in form team in the league who were desperate for the three points. It would have been a tough game for anyone. Even with very good sides we have almost always struggled at Old Trafford.

It is all about Tuesday night now. In the two other crucial games agaisnt sides near the bottom then under Sherwood so far we have come out on top. On paper for me I have believed all season we have a better team than all the other sides competing in the bottom third of the table. It has been a failing of the manager that has meant that hasn't been reflected in results and in the league table.

I expect us to go all out for the win on Tuesday and would hope for a similar first half display to what we saw agaisnt West Brom in the home league game. I know under Sherwood in these games we won't be negative or play with caution and given that I believe we have a better team than QPR I fully expect that forward thinking attacking approach will be enough to see us get the three points.

Hope so. What QPR did to WBA worries me more than our own result.

Yeah, once the players took positions it made perfect sense

Agreed.

I think sometimes people see the player coming on and don't pay attention to what happens on the pitch.

It was an attacking substitution. Nothing to have a go at Sherwood about there.

The only thing I found disappointing is the fact he said a few times we have nothing to fear going to OT and should play without fear

Then plays a defensive lambert/McLeish team

we played 3 strikers and a winger and 2 what i would call attack minded full backs

hard to call that defensive setup

I'm not sure.

I mean if we go down I am blaming him and Lambert i'm not waiting until next year to judge him if we go down.

He knew what he was walking into and as it stands we are safe however we are only one or two results away from an absolute disaster.

Equally if we stay up he deserves alot of credit.

rubbish. if we go down its clearly Lambert fault. the fact Sherwood has managed to give us some hope of staying up seems to be forgotten

think people are forgetting the Hull game, compare that to yesterday

• Like 1

Â