The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I think we will lose tomorrow. Too much hype, and West Brom will be very up for it.

They certainly need to play better than they did on Tuesday to win. I think we will win tomorrow, we gained a big psychological boost by winning the league game. 3-1 Villa.

Frankly I don't like Sherwood in the same way I wasn't keen initially on Ron Saunders.

However if he manages to keep us up, wins the FA Cup and the Premier League next season he will be a legend. :-)

• Like 1

I think we will lose tomorrow. Too much hype, and West Brom will be very up for it.

We will see - their recent form is far better than ours. But if we were to win one and lose one of our back to back games against the Albion, I would rather it was win the league match and lose in the cup.

• Like 2

im the opposite. would rather win the cup than stay in league if offered the choice

Yep, I'm the same. Who cares about surviving relegation season after season if you never win anything.

Give me a trophy any day.

• Like 1

im the opposite. would rather win the cup than stay in league if offered the choice

Are you sober now boys. We have to stay in the premier at all costs. You think its bad now, you wait if we got relegated? The Cup is a bonus for any club. Premier league survival is a must.

• Like 1

Let's see some better subs today Timbo!

Let's win the game again.

This.

I couldn't care less who he plays as long as we win.

• Like 2

Are you sober now boys. We have to stay in the premier at all costs. You think its bad now, you wait if we got relegated? The Cup is a bonus for any club. Premier league survival is a must.

Indeed. Premier League survival over everything else. It's been hell following Villa over these last 4 or 5 years and believe me it would only get worse (a lot worse) if we were ever to be relegated.

Anyway enough of this misery - I want the Cup AND Premier, League football. We can do it!!

• Like 2

Putting my devils advocate hat on...

Might the players be a little frustrated that Villa is currently the "Tim Sherwood show", rather than focussing on the one actually out on the pitch?

(My opinion is that they shouldnt be, and got us in this mess so should quietly get us out of it).

What is the point of supporting a football team?

It is to see your team lift trophies, not to see your team scrap to stay in a league avoiding relegation.

• Like 1

Putting my devils advocate hat on...

Might the players be a little frustrated that Villa is currently the "Tim Sherwood show", rather than focussing on the one actually out on the pitch?

(My opinion is that they shouldnt be, and got us in this mess so should quietly get us out of it).

No, in the same way Mourinho takes all the flack Sherwood is taking the focus away from the players but still applying pressure in his words. Whether it is as calculated as Mourinho I don't know.

If the players are seeing his press conferences they are all about standing tall, working hard, respecting the club and manning up. Modern football is a package deal and how you act off it shows on the pitch. You never heard Ferguson rolling over and saying a loss was ok.

Edited by Nicho
  • Like 3

It is to see your team lift trophies, not to see your team scrap to stay in a league avoiding relegation.

Exactly this, in 20 years time when I'm telling my children/grandchildren about Villa, I want to be able to tell them stories about winning the FA Cup at Wembley, not about how we survived by the skin of our teeth in the Premier League for the 4th year in a row. The chances are by then we will be relegated any way, and Chelsea/Man City/the next big plaything will be wrapping up their 10th title in a row.

Anyway, if we win the FA Cup and get relegated, all we need to do is win the Europa League next season, and we are in the Champions League in 2016!!

• Like 1

same for me, i would rather see us win a trophy. We havent won a thing for 20 years unless people count the Peace Cup or Intertoto cup as trophies. 

football is about glory. People will remember who won 2015 FA Cup before who finished 15th that season

Thats different though, 

I believe the quote was "would rather win a cup than stay in the league" 

Ask any of the great unwashed or wigan fans if they would swap their cup wins for 2nd or in wigans case looking like 3rd division football! 

Â