The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

**** it, i'm excited too. Slept on it and he could do a fantastic job here and I'm 100% behind him and the team.

Definitely the right attitude to have, if its going to be anything, its going to be exciting. We could have gone and got Pulis or Moyes in and yes, they probably would have kept us up but then what? If Sherwood keeps us up he really could be good for us and hopefully has fresh ideas.

I still fear though that Lerner will stop him reaching his full potential, as he did with Lambert.

• Like 3

Cheers Dave ! I wouldn't say I'm not behind him, why wouldn't I be I mean he's managing the club so of course I want him to do well, I want him to win the f a cup and keep us up. Then I'll think he's a little less shite , but to be honest I don't expect him to see out his contract and I do expect us to get relegated

Did you think we we had a better chance of staying up with Lambert?

I am expecting more young English talent to be drafted in.

Young english talent = overpriced shite. We need to shop abroad to get value, like gil and benteke and I hop sherwood knows this. Anyway transfers are irrelevant at this stage, staying up is all that matters.

I am expecting more young English talent to be drafted in.

Young english talent = overpriced shite. We need to shop abroad to get value, like gil and benteke and I hop sherwood knows this. Anyway transfers are irrelevant at this stage, staying up is all that matters.

Off topic but I think a great business model for us would be to grow our own at the academy, those that are good enough for the squad are a massive bonus, those that aren't we sell further down the league ladder which in the inflated english market would be a tidy little sum or two to get in players from spain, italy, holland etc. who can do a job for us but have a market value the same as the lad we let go to a championship side...

I digress, let's hope there's an instant Sherwood effect today ay. UTV.

• Like 1

So it's the day after the night before and my opinion is the same.

The only appointment I felt more strongly against was McLeish.

I'm just being honest when I say that I think this is going to be a huge huge mistake. I think he is too inexperienced. Too brash. Too impulsive.

I expect us to go down and I also expect us to be the butt of a lot of people's jokes due to Sherwoods personality. I know we shouldn't care what other fans think but it will get tiresome very quickly.

We are probably going to have to jump to the defence of our club more than we have done in recent times. I just hope on hope that Sherwood remains defensible and doesn't over step the mark. But I just can't see it.

Having said all that he is here now. I will not jump on his back at the first opportunity and I will give him an amount of time that is fair, with the constraints he is under, like I would any other manager.

I truly truly hope he makes me look like the biggest dick head in the world by keeping us up and driving us forward next season.

And I would love just love it for everyone to tell me "I told you so".

UT **** Villa!!!

I think we'll get a mixture of both. Young English talent coming up through the ranks of from lower leagues and young foreign talent. Don't ghink Fox will steer away from that model. We have scouts whose remit was look far and wide not just wide. Why will they change that. If some now think it's back to English only then i think you need to take a breath and think. We started on this road to look at young talent outside of England why suddenly drop it and change direction? Personally I think we will still be looking far and wide.

I expect us to go down and I also expect us to be the butt of a lot of people's jokes due to Sherwoods personality. I know we shouldn't care what other fans think but it will get tiresome very quickly.

What do you think we are already? The sun goals pullout have front pages mocking us. Commentators on games not involving us still mock and joke about us.

We're a laughing stock. Sherwood can't make that worse.

• Like 1

Â