The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Still so much negativity..some of these posts are mind boggling.

Slating our new manager before hes even started, some of our fans are a joke

Interesting. I don't see negativity. Nor do I see 2 camps

What I do see is people saying they are disappointed as he was not their first choice - but they all want him to prove them wrong.

So there seems to be only 1 camp: People hoping we do well under Tim.

There are others who are really pleased we've got him. I'm somewhere in between, I'm glad of the fresh air already. The misery had gotten stifling under Lambert.

There is one guy who had already refused to get behind him - Richard simply said "I think he's shit" but then Richard maintains that Lambert was the man to carry us forward. So as much as I love him I'll be taking that one with a pinch of salt.

Overall I agree, the general feeling is one of mild disappointed interest with a wait and see vibe.

• Like 2

What I do see is people saying they are disappointed as he was not their first choice - but they all want him to prove them wrong.

Spot on. I think people are confused by opinion and support!!!!

Another thing that I am sure most fans will find a breath of fresh air to see/hear - post match interviews. No more of "we played really well and were in it for 60 minutes" followed by a later interview of "we've lost again but I can't fault the lads for their effort and hard work - we'll go again because you just have to".

I'm looking forward to honest responses to shit team performances. At least us fans shouldn't feel like we're being lied to and taken for mugs!

Edited by villarocker

One thing I hope for is not relying on the full backs for creativity.

Based on his time at Spurs I think that is unlikely. He won't try to be too clever tactically, it will be a variation of 4-4-2 utilising width and pace. They were a bit swashbuckling, there won't be many 0-0's that's for sure.

I was chatting with my mate last night and we decided he is the Anti-Lambert in almost every sense. If you can put your prejudices aside it should be fun. When was the last time we had fun?

Yeah he is the Anti-Lambert in loads of ways, if what the board were after was a change and a shock to the system at Bodymoor they will have got that and then some. I think a 4-4-2 with two attacking wide players, then one defending out of the central two might see teams overrun us in the middle a bit. I hope he goes for 4-2-3-1 myself, but without gabby or weimann as part of the 3, well maybe just not both as part of the 3 they should be competition for Benteke up top, or for when we need something different up top,

It's definitely going to be interesting though, that first team sheet against Stoke especially....

Im hoping Sherwood will continue to call a spade a spade, unlike Lamberts post match deluded comments about the players were near always excellent! 

In life, if your always told that you're good no matter what, you will never learn to realise and understand when your bad. 

Same as teaching kids i would imagine?

Edited by Kingman

There are others who are really pleased we've got him. I'm somewhere in between, I'm glad of the fresh air already. The misery had gotten stifling under Lambert.

There is one guy who had already refused to get behind him, but he's not known for being Mr Happy. Richard simply said "I think he's shit" but then Richard maintains that Lambert was the man to carry us forward. So as much as I love him I'll be taking that one with a pinch of salt.

Overall I agree, the general feeling is one of mild disappointed interest with a wait and see vibe.

cheers Dave ! I wouldn't say I'm not behind him, why wouldn't I be I mean he's managing the club so of course I want him to do well, I want him to win the f a cup and keep us up. Then I'll think he's a little less shite , but to be honest I don't expect him to see out his contract and I do expect us to get relegated
  • Like 1

I think people need to stop saying people are slating the manager because I don't think they are. Are they not allowed to have an opinion on the appointment? If that's the case then we should probably close this thread down until we've played a few games.

I think its obvious that in an ideal world we wouldn't have employed Sherwood but it seems he really was the only viable option with the turn around we had.

It leaves plenty of answers up in the air but I'm positive everyone will get behind him.

Another perfect reply.

I'm 100% behind the man. I just felt we could have got somebody better. This does not reflect on my backing or support! I'll judge him on games.

100% this. 

• Like 1

Lets be honest, Sherwood doesn't have to be a genius to look good in the short term at Villa. He can't do any worse than not picking up points and not scoring! A few victories, a few goals and a few media sound-bites and Sherwood will be the best thing since sliced bread

The team he has inherited is a lot better than 18th. He just needs to get them playing and it'll all fall into place. He is well respected as a coach so I don't think that will be an issue.

• Like 1

For every Brendan Rogers/Roberto Martinez their is a Felix Magath/Pepe Mel, so better the devil you know. 

I hope Tim Sherwood becomes the latest up and coming hot property young manager of 2015 onwards! 

Starting with securing Premier League survival followed by beating Man Utd in the FA Cup Final! 

Theres always a way!

Â