The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Spurs fans have not got much good to say about him.

It seems that Ramsey was the brains during his time there, with Sherwood as the mouthpiece.

I've got a bad feeling about this.

http://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/tim-sherwood.8360/page-384

Ramseys been coach at QPR all season...just saying.

We're talking about his time at Spurs.

I think the point is that if he's the brains hen why are qpr struggling

the more I've been watching some of these interviews, I'll admit the more I'm warming to him slightly. Hmm. He's certainly a different kettle of fish to what we've had in a long while and what's gone on before hasn't worked so worth a shot. Just going to get rid of all negativity and say **** it, **** it **** it. Let's go Tim. Hmm

Its the obvious choice i guess.

Indifferent about him coming in. I didn't like his sound bytes whilst he was at spurs, i hope he keeps the amdram to an absolute minimum, please don't throw your coat about..

That said, i guess we gotta get behind him.

I **** lol'd at that captain bellend pic near the OP. :crylaugh:

He hasn't put out a team for Villa yet. He hasn't selected tactics for Villa yet. He hasn't trained the Villa squad yet.

Anyone who thinks that we're guaranteed relegation because we signed Sherwood needs a bloody slap. Give him a p*ssing chance before you write him off. If he is crap, it'll come out. If he's brilliant, he'll show it.

Just get behind the guy and don't predict an unpredictable outcome. ****ing mood hoovers.

Well said

• Like 1

Hopefully Sherwood can make VP a tough place for teams to visit. For too many years we have been a soft touch at home. 

Agree, wonder what his home record is like? was he better at home or away from home? sample size of course isn't enough but should give a brief idea of what to expect I guess.

Home

9W - 1D - 4L

Away

5W - 3D - 5L

I think i missed a loss somewhere.

I reckon Sherwoods first team will look like this..

-----------------------Guzan---------------------

Hutton--------Okore--------Baker---------Ally

Cole----------Gil------------Delph--------Jack

-------------Weimann-----Benteke------------

he'll sit down and talk with Vlaar and ask him if he wants to be hereof leave.

strange looking side but hell definitely do something no-one expects.

I hope not 

Former Tottenham skipper Tim Sherwood has joined the criticism of Glenn Hoddle, reportedly saying the Spurs boss should be sacked if the north London club wants success.

Hoddle came under fire this week over Spurs' decision to release Teddy Sheringham at the end of the season.

And Sherwood, who had four years at White Hart Lane before joining Division One title-winners Portsmouth in January says Hoddle's approach has alienated Spurs players.

"No one at Tottenham would shed a single tear if Glenn Hoddle was sacked tomorrow," Sherwood told The Sun.

"The only way they will bring success back to Tottenham is through a change of manager.

"The dressing room is not together and there is no team spirit. Nobody is busting a gut for the manager.

"The kids have far more respect for guys like Teddy Sheringham, Gus Poyet and Steffen Freund than they do for Hoddle.

"They all turn to the experienced pros for encouragement and advice because the manager won't accept anyone else's point of view and just leaves them all confused.

"The way Hoddle has treated a senior player like Freund is an absolute disgrace. And the decision to release Teddy is entirely down to him.

"When Hoddle was appointed two years ago, there were people at the club who saw him as the God of White Hart Lane. But it certainly hasn't worked out that way.

"You don't need to be a rocket scientist to realise that there is a major problem at the club. And you don't have to be a genius to work out what that problem is."

Hoddle dismissed Sherwood's verbal assault, saying: "I haven't got much to say.

"All I will say on that very, very quickly would be that it's strange that nine months ago he was desperate to stay at this club.

"I was honest enough to let him know that we wouldn't extend his contract.

"As soon as that happened his tune soon changed and has had an axe to grind since then.

"What he probably will not want to let you know is that he was out seven months with a knee injury. He was out from pre-season right through to Christmas.

Hoddle added: "There are a lot of things I could say but as a manager, I won't lower myself to that level."

Spurs were humiliated at Anfield last weekend as the Barclays Premier League title challengers ran out comprehensive 4-0 victors.

The Reds were ahead inside two minutes due to a Younès Kaboul own goal, and Luis Suárez put them further ahead before half-time, when Hoddle claimed his former side looked beaten before they took to the field.

The former Spurs boss, speaking during Sky Sports' live coverage, said the players "were too relaxed, too flimsy" and headed to the north-west "with no steel" – comments that clearly got under the skin of Sherwood.

"I don't know what he said – Glenn's got a lot of opinion and he's also got a lot of opinion about Tottenham, and he's entitled to that," the Spurs head coach said of the man he played under between 2001 and 2003.

"It's been a long time since Glenn Hoddle's managed a football team, and the game has moved on quite significantly.

"I'm not saying that it's anything to do with whether the body language is correct or not, but that wouldn't have been brought up if we had gone out and won the game.

"I think you can look at history at some teams who played very well from the outset, probably won the game very easily, and some of them might have been leaning on the walls and doing that, but it never would have been brought up.

"I've been a pundit myself. It's easy to look for something when you've got nothing else to talk about, other than to be critical of your ex-side."

The pair's relationship has been strained since Sherwood's playing days, when Hoddle moved on the former Spurs captain to Portsmouth in January 2003.

Advertisement

That summer, with the pressure mounting on the former England boss, Sherwood said that no one would "shed a single tear" if he was sacked and that getting rid of him was "the only way they will bring success back".

Tottenham eventually parted company with Hoddle in September 2003 and, despite only having an ill-fated spell at Wolves since then, he has been keen for a return to management.

Hoddle last month claimed he came close to returning as manager following André Villas-Boas' sacking, only for Sherwood to be handed the gig on an 18-month deal.

However, speculation is mounting that Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy could soon be replacing the former midfielder, with Louis van Gaal, Mauricio Pochettino and Frank de Boer all linked with the job.

"I know the media have got a job to do and the speculation is not going to end when you have other managers and national managers touting for your job," Sherwood said. "They are the ones who are fuelling it.

"It is par for the course when you are managing a big club like Tottenham. I have got big enough shoulders – what I am supposed to do?"

Rather than fretting about the future, Sherwood's only concern is getting positive results between now and the end of the season.

Embattled Sunderland arrive at White Hart Lane on Monday, when Emmanuel Adebayor is in line for a return from three weeks out with a hamstring problem and gash on his heel.

"There's a chance he could start," Sherwood said. "He's done a week's training so he's got enough time under his belt.

"He won't be 100 per cent but he's quite good at 70 per cent.

"You're obviously going to miss a player of his quality but he's looked good. We're happy with what he's produced this week."

Fellow striker Roberto Soldado will miss the clash with Sunderland after being carried off at Anfield.

Jan Vertonghen is also absent after sustaining an injury at Liverpool, although Vlad Chiriches and Paulinho are back in contention.

Former Tottenham skipper Tim Sherwood has joined the criticism of Glenn Hoddle, reportedly saying the Spurs boss should be sacked if the north London club wants success.

Hoddle came under fire this week over Spurs' decision to release Teddy Sheringham at the end of the season.

And Sherwood, who had four years at White Hart Lane before joining Division One title-winners Portsmouth in January says Hoddle's approach has alienated Spurs players.

"No one at Tottenham would shed a single tear if Glenn Hoddle was sacked tomorrow," Sherwood told The Sun.

"The only way they will bring success back to Tottenham is through a change of manager.

"The dressing room is not together and there is no team spirit. Nobody is busting a gut for the manager.

"The kids have far more respect for guys like Teddy Sheringham, Gus Poyet and Steffen Freund than they do for Hoddle.

"They all turn to the experienced pros for encouragement and advice because the manager won't accept anyone else's point of view and just leaves them all confused.

"The way Hoddle has treated a senior player like Freund is an absolute disgrace. And the decision to release Teddy is entirely down to him.

"When Hoddle was appointed two years ago, there were people at the club who saw him as the God of White Hart Lane. But it certainly hasn't worked out that way.

"You don't need to be a rocket scientist to realise that there is a major problem at the club. And you don't have to be a genius to work out what that problem is."

Hoddle dismissed Sherwood's verbal assault, saying: "I haven't got much to say.

"All I will say on that very, very quickly would be that it's strange that nine months ago he was desperate to stay at this club.

"I was honest enough to let him know that we wouldn't extend his contract.

"As soon as that happened his tune soon changed and has had an axe to grind since then.

"What he probably will not want to let you know is that he was out seven months with a knee injury. He was out from pre-season right through to Christmas.

Hoddle added: "There are a lot of things I could say but as a manager, I won't lower myself to that level."

Spurs were humiliated at Anfield last weekend as the Barclays Premier League title challengers ran out comprehensive 4-0 victors.

The Reds were ahead inside two minutes due to a Younès Kaboul own goal, and Luis Suárez put them further ahead before half-time, when Hoddle claimed his former side looked beaten before they took to the field.

Diego-Costa-003.jpg

Chelsea’s Diego Costa: ‘Football is my life. I’ve been through a lot to get here’

Read more

The former Spurs boss, speaking during Sky Sports' live coverage, said the players "were too relaxed, too flimsy" and headed to the north-west "with no steel" – comments that clearly got under the skin of Sherwood.

"I don't know what he said – Glenn's got a lot of opinion and he's also got a lot of opinion about Tottenham, and he's entitled to that," the Spurs head coach said of the man he played under between 2001 and 2003.

"It's been a long time since Glenn Hoddle's managed a football team, and the game has moved on quite significantly.

"I'm not saying that it's anything to do with whether the body language is correct or not, but that wouldn't have been brought up if we had gone out and won the game.

"I think you can look at history at some teams who played very well from the outset, probably won the game very easily, and some of them might have been leaning on the walls and doing that, but it never would have been brought up.

"I've been a pundit myself. It's easy to look for something when you've got nothing else to talk about, other than to be critical of your ex-side."

The pair's relationship has been strained since Sherwood's playing days, when Hoddle moved on the former Spurs captain to Portsmouth in January 2003.

Advertisement

That summer, with the pressure mounting on the former England boss, Sherwood said that no one would "shed a single tear" if he was sacked and that getting rid of him was "the only way they will bring success back".

Tottenham eventually parted company with Hoddle in September 2003 and, despite only having an ill-fated spell at Wolves since then, he has been keen for a return to management.

Hoddle last month claimed he came close to returning as manager following André Villas-Boas' sacking, only for Sherwood to be handed the gig on an 18-month deal.

However, speculation is mounting that Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy could soon be replacing the former midfielder, with Louis van Gaal, Mauricio Pochettino and Frank de Boer all linked with the job.

"I know the media have got a job to do and the speculation is not going to end when you have other managers and national managers touting for your job," Sherwood said. "They are the ones who are fuelling it.

"It is par for the course when you are managing a big club like Tottenham. I have got big enough shoulders – what I am supposed to do?"

Rather than fretting about the future, Sherwood's only concern is getting positive results between now and the end of the season.

Embattled Sunderland arrive at White Hart Lane on Monday, when Emmanuel Adebayor is in line for a return from three weeks out with a hamstring problem and gash on his heel.

"There's a chance he could start," Sherwood said. "He's done a week's training so he's got enough time under his belt.

"He won't be 100 per cent but he's quite good at 70 per cent.

"You're obviously going to miss a player of his quality but he's looked good. We're happy with what he's produced this week."

Fellow striker Roberto Soldado will miss the clash with Sunderland after being carried off at Anfield.

Jan Vertonghen is also absent after sustaining an injury at Liverpool, although Vlad Chiriches and Paulinho are back in contention.

Who gives a sh*t..hes our manager now onwards and upwards

Reminds me of when we appointed Gregory. Lets hope he makes the same impact.

This.

Tim Sherwood is the closest thing to John Gregory since he left. I personally loved our time under Gregory. The football was hit and miss, but he spoke his mind, got the job done, and the team was moderately successful. We certainly weren't the joke that we are now and have been since Gregory left (other than the MON years).

For all those that are saying that they don't like Sherwood's personality, I think we need someone with arrogance (like Gregory had), who is prepared to fall out with "big name" players if needs be.

I'm genuinely excited about this, and think this could be the beginning of something a bit special over the next few years.

Come on Tim prove everyone wrong. String a few results together with some goals, and everyone will be behind you very quickly.

And another this! Welcome Tim and Good Luck!

• Like 1

Think this guy will surprise the doubters. Seems exactly the type of manager we need in terms of motivation for the lazy bastards out there.

How many people were calling for Cleverley to be dropped after each pathetic performance? Pretty sure Sherwood will have the cajones to actually do it.

If he likes attacking football I think he may have something crazy in store

----------------Guzan-----------------

-----Hutton-----Okore----Clark-----

---------Westwood-------------------

-----------------------Delph-----------

Gabby----------Gil------------Grealish

-------Weimann-----Benteke-------

Wing backs purely of pace and relying on Westwood to mop up in front of a back three. 

I am not a coach though but changing the formation and system too drastically probably isn't a good idea. 

So he may stick with a 4-4-2 formation. 

The one thing I never understood under Lamberts reign was why Gabby always came back for corners, even when we were losing. 

under MoN our counter attack was awesome because he would be up the field on the opposite side of the corner. Laursen or someone would head clear to him and he'd just take it and run. 

Alternatively Milner or Young would have the ball and just thump it perfectly into open space about 25 yards ahead and ask the question to their defence "so you think you're quicker than Gabby?"

I think with Gil now we have someone who can do that pass. Quite how we set that up like we used to I don't know. I just remember us pelting forward so much under MoN from corners. 

Â