The 2015 General Election

tonyh29

General Election 2015  

178 members have voted

1. 1. How will you vote at the general election on May 7th?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Lib Dem
    • UKIP
    • Green
    • Regionally based party (SNP, Plaid, DUP, SF etc)
    • Local Independent Candidate
    • Other
    • Spoil Paper
    • Won't bother going to the polls

This poll is closed to new votes

Ironically if you voted for the Green Party you just wasted a piece of paper !!

I voted Green once, they got into government and the country went bankrupt. Probably just coincidence mind.

Presumably all the better person than you posters have just this second got back from their 15 hours of volunteer work and are having a well earned cuppa before going out and feeding the poor whilst single handily saving a unicorn from a pack of savage northerners or something

Come on, Tony.

That's almost Louise Mensch level of a silly extreme response. :)

Btw, I don't subscribe to the 'me and my family first' philosophy being only a Tory one, obviously.

• Like 2

Presumably all the better person than you posters have just this second got back from their 15 hours of volunteer work and ware having a well earned cuppa before going out and feeding the poor whilst single handily saving a unicorn from a pack of savage northerners or something

Everyone's responsibility is to their family .... Now it's true that some people , bankers, union leaders , ex labour PM's with the initials TB and so on are greedier than others and would exploit others to get to the top regardless . ... But to try and imply that Dem is any different from everyone else for wanting to put his family first is disingenuous and unfair.

The first point isn't really right (to my eyes). I don't think anyone's said or implied they are a "better person" because they vote on the basis of a collective good, rather than an individual (self) good - at least not to my reading. I think what they mean (and I could be wrong) is that the weight put on (say) getting an extra few quid for themselves doesn't outweigh, for them the benefit to someone in a more needy situation being biffed by the Gov't. It's why people like you or I might give money to charity - sure we are worse off, but we see the benefit to someone who needs the help. That's, I think the kind of reasoning behind the choice. When anyone votes it's a mixture of weighing up pure self/family interest against the interests of other people.

The second point you make is fair, IMO. No one would want to make their family suffer so other people are a bit more comfortable/less uncomfortable.

But in this world, this country, by and large we all are not so badly off that that we perhaps couldn't recognise that shutting the local Library/police station/childrens centre isn't the right way to address problems caused by bankers (and lack of Gov't regulation for 30+ years.

• Like 2

I'm happy that my vote wasn't to the detriment of my family or my country.

Didn't have you down as a Tory voter but good work

It wouldn't be the first time on this thread that you missed by a mile! ;)

The 'me' attitude is one that comes with being a Conservative supporter.

That is absolute nonsense.

Why I prioritise someone on benefits who i don't know compared to myself and my family? Would they do so to me?

Sorry might sound selfish but that is the reality of the situation I have to look after myself and my family before others.

So to recap, you've disagreed with him, and then given an example that proves his point?

Bahahaha you've completely proved my point there dem

So your telling me a labour supporter or a lib dem doesn't look for their own interests when voting they think of others ahead of themselves when they vote?

Absolute rubbish

Voted Green for the GE and Labour for the election to Birmingham City Council.

I live in Sutton so neither will be of any significance, but hopefully I've helped the Greens get their deposit back and maybe even beat the Lib Dems, as they did in the Euro elections here. Two elections in a row (presumably) with no-one winning a majority has got to be a step towards reform of the voting system IMO. 23 years since the Tories last won a majority, will they ever win one again? Without the Scottish vote you can't see Labour ever managing it either.

Edited by icouldtelltheworld

Why I prioritise someone on benefits who i don't know compared to myself and my family? Would they do so to me?

Sorry might sound selfish but that is the reality of the situation I have to look after myself and my family before others.

So to recap, you've disagreed with him, and then given an example that proves his point?
Presumably all the better person than you posters have just this second got back from their 15 hours of volunteer work and are having a well earned cuppa before going out and feeding the poor whilst single handily saving a unicorn from a pack of savage northerners or something

Everyone's responsibility is to their family .... Now it's true that some people , bankers, union leaders , ex labour PM's with the initials TB and so on are greedier than others and would exploit others to get to the top regardless . ... But to try and imply that Dem is any different from everyone else for wanting to put his family first is disingenuous and unfair.

Thanks tony at least you understand and appreciate honesty

I climbed Nevis in March at a cost of over £100 to myself and helped raise over £4000 for charity, the money was split up, £2000 going to Acorns and the other £2000 got split into a garden makeover for a heavily disabled 8 year old girl (she chose the garden over flying to Disney) and buying 2 wheelchairs for 2 brothers who cannot walk on their own.

I'd rather have Cameron in no.10 than Ed Milliband.

I voted Green.

So out of all you do-gooders, I sit roughly 1350m above your little horses.

#lapno1

• Like 1

If you were truly green you wouldn't have grand children and be creating an unbearable burden on the environment :P

2j2wcci.jpg

They will be happy in their low impact multi-yurt, as part of an agrarian permaculture based cooperative, Tone :D

• Like 3

Bahahaha you've completely proved my point there dem

So your telling me a labour supporter or a lib dem doesn't look for their own interests when voting they think of others ahead of themselves when they vote?

Absolute rubbish

Not entirely but read your post back and you'll see what we find so funny.

I live in Sutton so neither will be of any significance, r.

What ward in Sutton you live in mate?  although highly unlikely, depends on the ward, but as Pocock showed the Labour vote might not be insignificant.

Thanks tony at least you understand and appreciate honesty

Is the implication of your comment that anyone who has suggested that they don't vote for the same reasons as you (for whomever that may be) is being dishonest?
  • Like 1

I live in Sutton so neither will be of any significance, r.

What ward in Sutton you live in mate?  although highly unlikely, depends on the ward, but as Pocock showed the Labour vote might not be insignificant.

I'm Four Oaks ward so it's highly unlikely to make any difference. I have a lot of time for Pocock though, I respect the way he's campaigned around here with the odds stacked against him, and he seems more than worthy of a place on the council. Was the main factor in me voting Labour for the local election.

• Like 1

Come on, Tony.

That's almost Louise Mensch level of a silly extreme response. :)

Btw, I don't subscribe to the 'me and my family first' philosophy being only a Tory one, obviously.

So you let the countless Tories are all selfish baby eaters stuff go and then pull me up when I highlight the absurdity of theses posts with an extreme absurdity of my own !!!

• Like 1