The 2015 General Election

tonyh29

General Election 2015  

178 members have voted

1. 1. How will you vote at the general election on May 7th?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Lib Dem
    • UKIP
    • Green
    • Regionally based party (SNP, Plaid, DUP, SF etc)
    • Local Independent Candidate
    • Other
    • Spoil Paper
    • Won't bother going to the polls

This poll is closed to new votes

The 'me' attitude is one that comes with being a Conservative supporter.

always make sure you look after number one as no other word removed is going to do it for you :)

• Like 1

Ironically if you voted for the Green Party you just wasted a piece of paper !!

But we'll be able to look our grand children in the eyes, when we tell them we tried to stop the greedy, callous, self serving vermin that ran the show into the ground.

• Like 4

Ironically if you voted for the Green Party you just wasted a piece of paper !!

But we'll be able to look our grand children in the eyes, when we tell them we tried to stop the greedy, callous, self serving vermin that ran the show into the ground.

If you were truly green you wouldn't have grand children and be creating an unbearable burden on the environment :P
  • Like 1

I have reluctantly voted Labour.

I have no great deal of confidence in Miliband, but It's come down to morality for me.

I might be voting for decency and risking incompetance, but I cannot vote for a party that I KNOW will ultimately do more for the privileged at the expense of the impoverished.

I also disagree vehemently with this crackpot plan they have of running a budget surplus and I shudder at the thought of where they are going to try and find the odd £8bn of unspecified cuts they need to make it happen.

If the Tories do get a majority (or even enough for another coalition) then it will be down to people voting based on 'the economy' and that saddens me. It's a swindle.

• Like 1

I can understand an idealistically based vote for any party other than Labour. Anyone who seriously thinks Ed Miliband is a credible individual to lead the UK is beyond the sun in my opinion and dangerously divorced from sanity.

That said I suspect Ed will end up as PM with the rag tag support of hard left fruitcakes in the Greens, Plaid and the SNP.

Interesting times.   

I feel the same but opposite. He might have a stupid voice, stupid hair and have smashed Katy Perry, but he speaks some sense. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmiMZZZdjqc

• Like 3

That is absolute nonsense.

Why I prioritise someone on benefits who i don't know compared to myself and my family? Would they do so to me?

Sorry might sound selfish but that is the reality of the situation I have to look after myself and my family before others. 

Why I prioritise someone on benefits who i don't know compared to myself and my family? Would they do so to me?

Sorry might sound selfish but that is the reality of the situation I have to look after myself and my family before others. 

So to recap, you've disagreed with him, and then given an example that proves his point?

• Like 3

What kind of benefits mate?

South Thanet not declared until 6am :|

Not sure if I can pull off an all-nighter any more but I'll give it a try if this turns out as close as predicted.

I'll be on a two hour drive between 04:30 and 06:30 so I will be listening intently.

I'm hoping a defeat for Farage will lead to a complete deflation of his party.

I'm reminded of a scene from Fifth Element -

Korben Dallas: We need to find the leader; Mangalores won't fight without the leader.

Bang.

So to recap, you've disagreed with him, and then given an example that proves his point?

Bahahaha you've completely proved my point there dem

It begins.

Ukip supporters accused of intimidating South Thanet voters

Activists claiming to be Ukip supporters in the party’s key target seat of South Thanet have been reported by Labour for intimidation and verbal abuse, police said.

As the closely fought battle for the Kent constituency moved into its final hours, supporters aligning themselves to the Ukip leader, Nigel Farage, were accused of pressuring people as they approached polling stations, and swearing at those who said they would not vote for the party.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/may/07/ukip-supporters-intimidating-voters-south-thanet-labour

Edited by StefanAVFC

"If you're not left-wing in your 20's you've got no heart. If you're not right-wing in your 40's you've got no brain"

You also find it more difficult to maintain an erection in your forties. Might have something to do with it. 

man-sports-car.jpg

Presumably all the better person than you posters have just this second got back from their 15 hours of volunteer work and are having a well earned cuppa before going out and feeding the poor whilst single handily saving a unicorn from a pack of savage northerners or something

Everyone's responsibility is to their family .... Now it's true that some people , bankers, union leaders , ex labour PM's with the initials TB and so on are greedier than others and would exploit others to get to the top regardless . ... But to try and imply that Dem is any different from everyone else for wanting to put his family first is disingenuous and unfair.

Edited by tonyh29

It begins.

Ukip supporters accused of intimidating South Thanet voters

Activists claiming to be Ukip supporters in the party’s key target seat of South Thanet have been reported by Labour for intimidation and verbal abuse, police said.

As the closely fought battle for the Kent constituency moved into its final hours, supporters aligning themselves to the Ukip leader, Nigel Farage, were accused of pressuring people as they approached polling stations, and swearing at those who said they would not vote for the party.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/may/07/ukip-supporters-intimidating-voters-south-thanet-labour

Labour have been reporting the same in scotchland all week as well against the SNP ..

not sure it's been reported that widely though for some reason

So who is your new king or whatever

Polls don't close for another hour and a quarter, we wing have much idea of the result in real terms until early hours of the morning.

And even then by most reckoning it'll be a hung parliament in which case there's going to be a load of games being played behind the scenes to work out exactly what'll be the makeup of the next government.

So basically, if we know for sure in the morning it'll be a **** miracle.

Edited by Chindie