The 2015 General Election

tonyh29

General Election 2015  

178 members have voted

1. 1. How will you vote at the general election on May 7th?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Lib Dem
    • UKIP
    • Green
    • Regionally based party (SNP, Plaid, DUP, SF etc)
    • Local Independent Candidate
    • Other
    • Spoil Paper
    • Won't bother going to the polls

This poll is closed to new votes

If you've not voted yet, get yourself out and avoid Paxman doing "comedy". I might go out and vote again, or kick the TV in. Both good options. 

Thanks tony at least you understand and appreciate honesty

Is the implication of your comment that anyone who has suggested that they don't vote for the same reasons as you (for whomever that may be) is being dishonest?

My point Snowy is that the original comment said it was tory voters who only think of themselves when thats just generalising when I am sure other party supporters think of themselves and their famailies ahead of others when voting

If you were truly green you wouldn't have grand children and be creating an unbearable burden on the environment :P

2j2wcci.jpg

They will be happy in their low impact multi-yurt, as part of an agrarian permaculture based cooperative, Tone :D

Enjoy your victory ... I shall have my revenge some day :)

The 'me' attitude is one that comes with being a Conservative supporter.

That is absolute nonsense.

Why I prioritise someone on benefits who i don't know compared to myself and my family? Would they do so to me?

Sorry might sound selfish but that is the reality of the situation I have to look after myself and my family before others.

So to recap, you've disagreed with him, and then given an example that proves his point?
Presumably all the better person than you posters have just this second got back from their 15 hours of volunteer work and are having a well earned cuppa before going out and feeding the poor whilst single handily saving a unicorn from a pack of savage northerners or something

Everyone's responsibility is to their family .... Now it's true that some people , bankers, union leaders , ex labour PM's with the initials TB and so on are greedier than others and would exploit others to get to the top regardless . ... But to try and imply that Dem is any different from everyone else for wanting to put his family first is disingenuous and unfair.

you genuinely can't see the irony in that response?

come on man, read it again and lighten up

Thanks tony at least you understand and appreciate honesty

Is the implication of your comment that anyone who has suggested that they don't vote for the same reasons as you (for whomever that may be) is being dishonest?

That's a giant leap you appear to have made there

(At least that's not how I read his post)

Why I prioritise someone on benefits who i don't know compared to myself and my family? Would they do so to me?

Sorry might sound selfish but that is the reality of the situation I have to look after myself and my family before others.

So to recap, you've disagreed with him, and then given an example that proves his point?
Presumably all the better person than you posters have just this second got back from their 15 hours of volunteer work and are having a well earned cuppa before going out and feeding the poor whilst single handily saving a unicorn from a pack of savage northerners or something

Everyone's responsibility is to their family .... Now it's true that some people , bankers, union leaders , ex labour PM's with the initials TB and so on are greedier than others and would exploit others to get to the top regardless . ... But to try and imply that Dem is any different from everyone else for wanting to put his family first is disingenuous and unfair.

Lets get this back on topic lads this has gone way off subject now

First results due 11pm

So you let the countless Tories are all selfish baby eaters stuff go and then pull me up when I highlight the absurdity of theses posts with an extreme absurdity of my own !!!

You weren't highlighting the absurdity of the baby eating exaggeration, though.

You were having a go at 'better posters than you' who claimed that selfishness was a tory voting trait (whilst including someone who voted tory saying they were voting for

You've sorta come into the (current) debate half way through so I was replying more to the general tone rather than Dems post itself

I just find it annoying when people that have never met you pass judgement on your moral character passed on where you put an X in a box rather than your actions ...

I've been 17 days without laughing at a homeless man and haven't robbed from a charity box for homeless children in nearly 3 months now .. But still I'm being questioned on my morality

• Like 1

So you let the countless Tories are all selfish baby eaters stuff go and then pull me up when I highlight the absurdity of theses posts with an extreme absurdity of my own !!!

You weren't highlighting the absurdity of the baby eating exaggeration, though.

You were having a go at 'better posters than you' who claimed that selfishness was a tory voting trait (whilst including someone who voted tory saying they were voting for

I see it's going to be one of those nights :)

Let's just assume that I know what I was doing better than you think you know what I was doing and leave it there ...

I've been 17 days without laughing at a homeless man and haven't robbed from a charity box for homeless children in nearly 3 months now .. But still I'm being questioned on my morality

I noticed you haven't said how many babies you'll be eating for your supper. Reformed character my arse.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

Let's just assume that I know what I was doing better than you think you know what I was doing and leave it there ...

If what you 'know' you were doing is so different from what you were actually doing then you're going to have to help us all along by making it clear that your response is not limited by responding to what you are actually appearing to respond to. :)

That's my best Sir Humphrey, that is! :D

You can't question someone's integrity for voting Conservative, but you can question their judgement.

I guess that if you have personal insight you might not vote Conservative . If you were a victim of the bedroom tax or a zero hours contract or lost your job in the public spending cuts etc.