Carles Gil

bose

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Aint good enough for Valencia. He is good enough for a lowly la liga team like Getafe

'Ain't' good enough to start for Valencia at 20 years old is hardly damning.

He's not an awful player, he's not even a poor player. He's just not the player some go crazy for. I can see why though, skillful, elegant and at times a joy to watch. I can easily see why some fans have fallen in love with him. He's a talent but not consistent enough and we're not doing enough to get the best out of him. 

Relegation will mean we won't see the best of him in a villa shirt and that's pretty sad. 

Gil is an okay player,  he isn't bad value considering we paid peanuts for him and he is considerably better than some of the dross that has followed him through the door

19 minutes ago, CrackpotForeigner said:

More like Aston Villa in killing confidence of promising young player by not picking him after good performances shocker.

Think if that kills your confidence your in the wrong business.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Nonsense.

Humans are humans.

People get affected by different things.

Think if you're a professional athlete you should have enough about you from previous experience to not have your confidence killed by being dropped.

Though I wouldn't put it past the mentally weak players that dominate aston villa football club.

The top players bounce back.

22 minutes ago, CrackpotForeigner said:

More like Aston Villa in killing confidence of promising young player by not picking him after good performances shocker.

Sherwood, yes, Aston Villa, no.

Gil is now getting plenty of games, and is not, in my opinion, any better or worse than before being dropped by Sherwood. He has been good but no better than that, and certainly has a role to play in our rather limited team.

treated unfairly? what rubbish. He wasnt fancied by the previous manager and wasnt bullied or treated unfairly as suggested. I suppose Valencia treated him unfairly when they never played him either

maybe they could make a movie about his punishments at the club

• Like 3

Â