Carles Gil

bose

We need to find a way to get him on the ball further up the pitch and more centrally, so that he can hurt the opposition more. I'd like him just behind Benteke rather than being stuck to the wing. Wonder if his injury was a part of the decision to take him off. 

Was poor enough yesterday. Doesn't seem to like the physical side and pulled out of a few challenges where he should have won the ball. Also, always seems to want to pull back and  go inside onto his left foot. I know he is left footed but I'd like to see him try go outside sometimes and put the ball into the box with his right.

I think we need to play him in a central position.  If we play him out wide we are often left with no one out wide because he's constantly coming inside to try and get the ball.

Could also be a key player behind benteke and I'm sure he'd be much more intelligent than gabby in trying to read benteke winning headers.

• Like 1

At Spurs Sherwood played Eriksen on the left of a midfield four but with a licence to drift centrally. I'd like to see him do something similar with Gil as orthodox winger he is not.

• Like 1

I think we need to play him in a central position.  If we play him out wide we are often left with no one out wide because he's constantly coming inside to try and get the ball.

Could also be a key player behind benteke and I'm sure he'd be much more intelligent than gabby in trying to read benteke winning headers.

I personally think he is to left footed to be played central.

Â