New manager

reykjavik

If we're going to get somebody who will ruffle feathers, then may as well get DiCanio. I just don't understand that thinking. We're talking about bringing in a bloke with 4 months of managerial experience, at a club nowhere near any trouble, to come in and save us. It's baffling.

And, no, people aren't judging him based on one video. Don't be daft.

Some seem to think throwing a coat on the floor is the sign of a great motivator and man manager. The reality is that he polarised the Spurs dressing room in a very short space of time, hardly the sign of a great motivator.

Polarised it into win nearly 60% of their league games?

I have Sun+ so here's the full article

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/6332662/Astim-Villa.html?CMP=spklr-144913906-Editorial-TWITTER-SunSportdesk-20150214-Sport

TIM SHERWOOD is the front-runner to become Aston Villa’s new manager.

Out-of-work Sherwood has held talks with Villa chief executive Tom Fox.

The Premiership strugglers hope they can seal a deal over the weekend.

However, ex-England boss Glenn Hoddle has also spoken to the Midlands club and could even become Sherwood’s assistant to form a Tottenham old-boys dream team.

Both managers are out of work and that appeals to Villa’s American owner Randy Lerner.

If talks progress well, Sherwood, 46, could even be appointed in time for tomorrow’s FA Cup clash with Leicester, though caretaker boss Scott Marshall is likely to take the team on the day.

Whoever gets the job will have to save the club from relegation after they dropped into the Premier League’s bottom three with a midweek 2-0 defeat at Hull.

Villa were attracted to Sherwood because they see him as the dynamic figure needed to shake them out of their tailspin towards the Championship.

Sherwood is no stranger to being the front-runner for a Premier League job.

It is a position he has been in many times.

Just a few days ago it was thought the Queens Park Rangers job was his only for caretaker boss Chris Ramsey to be handed the reins until the end of the season.

Last summer it was a similar tale at West Bromwich Albion, who ended up appointing, and quickly discarding, Alan Irvine.

Sherwood was also in the frame at Crystal Palace when Tony Pulis quit on the eve of the new season, but Neil Warnock was recalled for a short-lived stay.

And when Sami Hyypia’s time at Brighton came to an end in December, once again it was Sherwood’s name instantly in the frame.

The fact the 46-year-old has been in the running for so many high-profile posts is all the more remarkable given he has only ever had one spell as a manager.

That was the job he inherited at Spurs in December 2013 when Andre Villas-Boas was sacked, but he was himself jettisoned by chairman Daniel Levy in May of the following year.
Edited by Villan4Life

If we're going to get somebody who will ruffle feathers, then may as well get DiCanio. I just don't understand that thinking. We're talking about bringing in a bloke with 4 months of managerial experience, at a club nowhere near any trouble, to come in and save us. It's baffling.

Some seem to think throwing a coat on the floor is the sign of a great motivator and man manager. The reality is that he polarised the Spurs dressing room in a very short space of time, hardly the sign of a great motivator.

1) With a small sample size. If I play 3 games, win 2 and lose 1 I get a 66% win rate. 

2) He had players in that squad worth millions and millions.

3) The man came across as a total cock on the touchline and in interviews.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 2

Sherwood as manager and Hoddle as his assistant according to the sun

That would do me,

It's way better than Lambert and Keane.

And Chlamydia is better than Syphilis.

Good point.....

Nah we should get Mourinho with Ferguson as assistant and Wenger too...

1) With a small sample size. If I play 3 games, win 2 and lose one I get a 66% win rate. 

Yep, inherited a side that just spent something like £105m on players. 

1) With a small sample size. If I play 3 games, win 2 and lose 1 I get a 66% win rate. 

Plus Ramsey who most Tottenham fans credit as being  the brains behind the operation has gone to QPR.

Edited by useless

So far as I can tell this hasn't been announced so why are so many acting as if it has?

Because we don't trust those running the club to make the right decision.

Granted but we don't even know if it's happening. Last time I checked the Sun is not a viable source of the truth

But this is the issue, he may come across as a total cock, he may be a total cock

but no-one on this board came claim he's a shit manager as there is no concrete evidence of that, and for god's sake don't believe Spurs fans, the most deluded bunch of idiots on the planet.

So far as I can tell this hasn't been announced so why are so many acting as if it has?

Because this is Villa Talk mate.

It's understandable given all the reports and journalists saying it's likely that coupled with the fact that he has been seen at our ground recently on more than one occasion.

Doesn't matter. If he was that useless and players hated him that much he's not going to win the amount he did.

Because we don't trust those running the club to make the right decision.

Granted but we don't even know if it's happening. Last time I checked the Sun is not a viable source of the truth

Hoddle and Sherwood don't get on, one of the reasons Hoddle left QPR other week is because Sherwood was close

this is from 2003:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/3012723.stm

Former Tottenham skipper Tim Sherwood has joined the criticism of Glenn Hoddle, reportedly saying the Spurs boss should be sacked if the north London club wants success.

Hoddle came under fire this week over Spurs' decision to release Teddy Sheringham at the end of the season.

And Sherwood, who had four years at White Hart Lane before joining Division One title-winners Portsmouth in January says Hoddle's approach has alienated Spurs players.

"The only way they will bring success back to Tottenham is through a change of manager.

"The dressing room is not together and there is no team spirit. Nobody is busting a gut for the manager.

"The kids have far more respect for guys like Teddy Sheringham, Gus Poyet and Steffen Freund than they do for Hoddle.

"They all turn to the experienced pros for encouragement and advice because the manager won't accept anyone else's point of view and just leaves them all confused.

"The way Hoddle has treated a senior player like Freund is an absolute disgrace. And the decision to release Teddy is entirely down to him.

"When Hoddle was appointed two years ago, there were people at the club who saw him as the God of White Hart Lane. But it certainly hasn't worked out that way.

There are a lot of things I could say but as a manager, I won't lower myself  
Glenn Hoddle
"You don't need to be a rocket scientist to realise that there is a major problem at the club. And you don't have to be a genius to work out what that problem is."

Hoddle dismissed Sherwood's verbal assault, saying: "I haven't got much to say.

"All I will say on that very, very quickly would be that it's strange that nine months ago he was desperate to stay at this club.

"I was honest enough to let him know that we wouldn't extend his contract.

"As soon as that happened his tune soon changed and has had an axe to grind since then.

"What he probably will not want to let you know is that he was out seven months with a knee injury. He was out from pre-season right through to Christmas.

Hoddle added: "There are a lot of things I could say but as a manager, I won't lower myself to that level."

I just can't believe the ones who kept saying give him more time are now outraged that a poor manager is heavily linked to the job.

We have an opportunity to change the fortunes of the club by employing a manager with tactical nous and experience, instead it appears we're taking the cheapest gamble out there.

No wonder fans are frustrated.

Why would that sort of manager want to come here right now though?
Fox, Lerner et al have to convince that type of manager and sell the club to him for what it is - not take the easy option.
What is it? A team in the bottom 3 with 13 games to play. A squad destroyed of confidence and on a horrific run and an owner who doesn't want to be there.

I don't think you could sell this and I'm no fan of Lerner or fox really.

So you're saying they should just give up and accept relegation without showing ambition and potential??
Seems to me like he's saying we shouldn't have sacked Lambert because the other options are just as bad..........

Yep spot on. I was so wrong!! Come back paul.

• Like 1

But this is the issue, he may come across as a total cock, he may be a total cock

but no-one on this board came claim he's a shit manager as there is no concrete evidence of that, and for god's sake don't believe Spurs fans, the most deluded bunch of idiots on the planet.

You're on a forum where Klopp was mentioned as a potential manager and where we have threads laughing at teams doing better than us.

• Like 2